Windows 10: Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ?

Discus and support Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Cloned 1tb drive to new hard drive .. but new drive still has it at 930 gb with around that much unallocated? submitted by /u/pittguy578 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pittguy578, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ?

Cloned 1tb drive to new hard drive .. but new drive still has it at 930 gb with around that much unallocated?

submitted by /u/pittguy578
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pittguy578, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Sanhime Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Mar 16, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ?

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ?

1. Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ? - Similar Threads - Moving 1tb drive

2. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  3. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  4. Cloning 2 drives

Cloning 2 drives: I want to clone 2 1TB drives with Macrium Reflect. Instead of buying 2 individual drives, can get one 2TB and partition it into 2? This'll work just as well ? Thanks 181523
  5. Cloning 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning 2 drives: I want to clone 2 1TB drives with Macrium Reflect. Instead of buying 2 individual drives, can get one 2TB and partition it into 2? This'll work just as well ? Thanks 181523
  6. How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?: .,. submitted by /u/Vision919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6whec/how_to_safely_move_space_from_one_drive_to_the_c/
  7. just cloned a drive and files are all there, BUT used space differs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    just cloned a drive and files are all there, BUT used space differs?: [img] I used Macrium for the clone one drive 33.2 other 24.2 used up one drive 152 other 161 free space This is around 9 gb in difference? I checked all the few directories, and all the numbers of files are equal Why is there this difference between these 2 IDE drives?,...
  8. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2: Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty. but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows drive number 2 HOW can I change this order? I suppose swap the cables??? shut down??? windows 1909 - - - Updated - - - ok,...
  9. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2: Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty. but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows drive number 2 HOW can I change this order? I suppose swap the cables??? shut down??? windows 1909 - - - Updated - - - ok,...
  10. Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pittguy578 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjuxej/cloned_1_tb_drive_to_to_2tb_how_do_i_expand_so_it/