Windows 10: Moving from Edge Chromium beta to Stable (Overwriting Default folder)?

Discus and support Moving from Edge Chromium beta to Stable (Overwriting Default folder)? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used Edge Chromium beta almost from the beginning of its release and liked it a lot. I kept using beta after stable release because it would leave... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rezpower, Jun 6, 2020.

1. rezpower Win User

Moving from Edge Chromium beta to Stable (Overwriting Default folder)?

I used Edge Chromium beta almost from the beginning of its release and liked it a lot. I kept using beta after stable release because it would leave old Edge alone and was not much different from stable. With time my beta edge is personalized with settings, extensions and bookmarks etc.. and today I decided to finally go with the stable release.

To transfer everything from beta to stable I copied the content of C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Beta\User Data\Default and copied it to Default folder of the new stable Edge.

Everything seem to be there and working! But I wonder if this is OK and right way to do it!?

:)

rezpower, Jun 6, 2020

2. How do I get notifications from the chromium version of Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Edge Beta)?

I wanna get YouTube notifications from the chromium version of Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Edge Beta) but the app doesn't show on the "Get notifications from these senders" list. Does anyone know a way to get notifications from Microsoft Edge Beta?

GeneralReal, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Lentha Q Win User
    Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Davy49 Win User

Davy49, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving from Edge Chromium beta to Stable (Overwriting Default folder)? - Similar Threads - Moving Edge Chromium

2. Update from beta to stable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from beta to stable: I switched from developer beta to stable version and now it’s in boot process and continuously showing that undoing changes made to your computer. Can anyone help me with this?...
  3. Update from beta to stable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from beta to stable: I switched from developer beta to stable version and now it’s in boot process and continuously showing that undoing changes made to your computer. Can anyone help me with this?...
  4. Issue with "Flags" in Edge Chromium v91.0.864.70 (Stable)

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with "Flags" in Edge Chromium v91.0.864.70 (Stable): Hi, No flags work in current version of Edge (Win 21H1 x64). Does anyone has this problem?! I have changed "Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs" flag and after Edge restart (Startup boost is disabled) it does not work. Also have enabled "Password import" but just have "Export"...
  5. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  6. Edge Chromium - Beta Next to Stable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium - Beta Next to Stable?: I wasn't sure if this was the correct sub-reddit for this so apologies!! Is anyone else seeing the Beta icon remaining on the desktop even though they've installed the stable version of Edge Chromium? If so, did you figure out how to get rid of it? Is it considered a...
  7. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  8. Transfer History/bookmarks from Edge beta to Stable

Transfer History/bookmarks from Edge beta to Stable: Hey all, any fast way I can transfer my history/passwords/bookmarks all that good stuff to the Stable version? I'm currently using Beta submitted by /u/BandicootCx [link] [comments]...
  9. Edge Chromium Beta

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Beta: I am using Edge Chromium Beta ( and i think its very good ) is it possible to remove the "normal' Edge or do i have to wait for Microsoft to release the new version...and when they do will it automatically remove the old version. 143939
  10. Chromium Edge Leaked Stable Build

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge Leaked Stable Build: Hi, Has any other user in here tried/checked this out yet ?? Chromium-based Microsoft Edge's Stable Build Leaks - Thurrott.com 141150