Windows 10: Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?

Discus and support Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my computer with new motherboard, processor, changing from Intel to AMD. I understand that I will need to deactivate/reactivate my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nigwalk, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?

I want to upgrade my computer with new motherboard, processor, changing from Intel to AMD.

I understand that I will need to deactivate/reactivate my windows licence, but if I move my existing SSD to the new system will it boot and run on the new system, albeit unactivated, or will I need to do a clean/new install?

Thanks for your assistance

"..."

submitted by /u/nigwalk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nigwalk, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2020
  3. intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 9, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?

Intel X58 Chipset Moves from B-2 to B-3 Stepping in April

Intel will be moving its current high-end X58 chipset to B-3 stepping, the company announced in a recent official notification to motherboard makers. The IOH (I/O Hub) component of the Intel X58 Express chipset is converting from the current B-2 stepping to the new B-3 stepping. This step will require manufacturers to do a re-qualification, although both revisions are pin-to-pin compatible. No modifications or changes in the design of current motherboards will be needed for the new chipset stepping. First batch of B-3 X58 silicon will become available to board manufacturers on April 10th. The B-3 chipset marking will be replaced from SLGBT to SLGMX.

Source: Intel

malware, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?

1. Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...? - Similar Threads - Moving Intel AMD

2. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  3. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Changing from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from Intel to AMD: Hello, I have recently bought a new amd cpu and motherboard to replace my old intel i5, how do I change these two without having to reinstall windows 10retail version and all my programs, games etc. Thanks....
  6. Switching from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from Intel to AMD: Which means reinstallation of Windows 10. I just need to know what will happen to those software that are installed anywhere else than C:/ ? Will they run on the new Win 10 as expected? How about their registry keys? submitted by /u/Shantanu08_YT [link] [comments]...
  7. Switch from Intel to Amd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch from Intel to Amd: Hello guys, I need help with my graphic card, I have 2 graphic cards, Intel and amd7400 on my laptop hp pavilion g6. I need to switch graphics to Amd because a long time ago, a friend maybe did something on these graphic cards because he said that will save energy for me...
  8. Intel to AMD change....advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel to AMD change....advice: Hi, i'm looking for a new motherboard/cpu combo to replace my intel set up and complement my vega 56. I currently have i7 7700(non k) and a gigabyte Z270-HD3. I was looking to get a ryzen 5 3600x and a motherboard. i didnt want to spend a fortune and am not worried about...
  9. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...
  10. Moving from AMD to Intel, total overhaul of system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from AMD to Intel, total overhaul of system: Hello all, I am getting ready to move from an AMD build over to an Kaby Lake i7 7700k that I won from work *Smile I am pretty much replacing everything save my disk drives (Samsung 512GB 850 Pro and WD Black 1.5TB, 64mb cache). I had a few questions before I make all this...