Windows 10: Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle

Discus and support Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer configuration at work has my laptop in between two monitors; it's optimal for ergonomic and other reasons. The problem is the laptop rests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff Pantserson, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle

My computer configuration at work has my laptop in between two monitors; it's optimal for ergonomic and other reasons. The problem is the laptop rests lower than the bulk of the external monitors.

To move the mouse from the leftmost to the rightmost monitor currently requires me to make a "smile-shaped" swooping motion (the red arrow below), which is a pain in the neck -- I always seem to "snag" on the transition to or from the laptop monitor, even though the "geography" of the monitors is set up perfectly in Display Settings.

I'd like to be able to slide the mouse pointer "over" the middle laptop monitor, directly from Monitor 3 to Monitor 2 (the green arrow below).

Is there any way to set that up?

Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle 9f07d904-79f3-49bf-be27-e685e5129353?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jeff Pantserson, Jul 9, 2019

2. application windows exceed past edge of monitor when moved to the left or right

no I have three monitors running.

monitor 1 to the left when you move a window over say browser window it can be moved way over to the left to the point is is almost missing.

Monitor 2 in the middle you can move left or right to each monitor. If I drag the window to the top so that it expands full screen it does so correctly.

Monitor 3 to the right is the same as monitor 1 but the window drags off to the right side

ChrisVickers, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Small Duplicate Screen at top left corner of monitor

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you are getting a small screen at the top left corner of your monitor. To provide a better assistance, we would like to know a few information:

• Are you using a screen recorder app on your PC?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this concern?
    • When did this issue begin?

We'll wait for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle

Monitor screen size

I have a 4K laptop, with two 1080p monitors attached to it.

In the display settings, I have the laptop on the left, and the 2 monitors to the right. So basically I move the mouse from left to right to go from the laptop, to the first monitor, to the second monitor.

All good. Except the display settings show the laptop screen as twice the size of the monitors. This is true when based on resolution, but not on actual size (15" compared with 21" for the monitors).

So at the minute I have the monitor right in the middle vertically of the laptop screen on display properties. What this means is that I can only move the mouse from the laptop to the monitor where the display properties show the monitor is placed compared
    to the laptop screen. So I cannot move the mouse when on the top or bottom section of the laptop screen, only in the middle section.

I can see that I can move the laptop screen in display properties, so the top half of the screen is covered by the monitor, but then the lower half will not allow the mouse to move to the monitor from the laptop.

Apart from lowering the laptop resolution to 1080p, which I'd rather not, then is there a way to make it automatically move to the highest/lowest point on the monitor, even if the mouse moves off the laptop screen higher/lower than where the monitor is placed
    in display properties? Basically a method to basically fake the size of a screen just for this one bit of functionality. Ideally it would be great to be able to resize the screen in display properties to whatever you wish, so regardless of resolution you can
    map perfectly with your actual screen size.

Crivens999, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle

1. Moving from left to right monitor directly, with a small laptop screen in the middle - Similar Threads - Moving left right

2. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  3. Mouse move unequal right to left

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse move unequal right to left: hello, For some time now, I have observed that my mouse does not go through the same distance from left to right. one could say that the speed cdovered is inegal on both sides causing a very strange imbalance.And that there is a discrepancy of speed on this axis that I...
  4. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right: So, I've been having this problem for a few months, and I honestly think it's time for a new mouse, but I figured I'd ask around first.So randomly every now and then, my cursor will start moving in the wrong direction, specifically I move left, and it moves right. When I move...
  5. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right: So, I've been having this problem for a few months, and I honestly think it's time for a new mouse, but I figured I'd ask around first.So randomly every now and then, my cursor will start moving in the wrong direction, specifically I move left, and it moves right. When I move...
  6. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar moves rapidly from right to left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar moves rapidly from right to left: The icons on the bottom right hand side of my screen keep moving rapidly back and forth. This just started happening last week. I'm on Windows 10, version 10.0.18363. It's the little up arrow, the network status, sound and battery icons. Not the apps that I pin to the...
  8. Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in: Right after signing in, the cursor moves up the screen left or right. It even stops working while I'm in whatever sites and the computer freezes. This also happens on other site pages and games. I try restarting, but that doesn't resolve the problem. I look into the...
  9. small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor: This happened arbitrarily a few moments ago. I have rebooted, no difference. The only thing that could have happened is my kitten could stepped on a key. Nothing else has changed. My HP laptop was purchased new a few months ago....
  10. moving favs from right to left using edge

in Browsers and Email
    moving favs from right to left using edge: I have many favs on the favs bar that I like to change around. How do I do this Thanks 56825