Windows 10: Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

Discus and support Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Having all sorts of problems. Finally managed to import my thousands of saved emails (had to buy a program to do it) but cannot get them to be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wreckwriter, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

Having all sorts of problems.

Finally managed to import my thousands of saved emails (had to buy a program to do it) but cannot get them to be sub-folders of the inbox, only down at the bottom as "Outlook data file".

Cannot import contacts. I export to csv but they import blank, now I have about 100 blank contacts that this POS won't let me delete.

I have 3 accounts, comcast, gmail, and outlook.com. All are IMAP accounts.

When I started this process hours ago, I was hoping the following could be done:

Have one combined inbox
    Have all my saved local folders as a sub of that inbox
    Have a complete address book that I'm able to use and edit

Am I dreaming or just screwing something up? Any help greatly appreciated! *Mad

:)

wreckwriter, Feb 26, 2016
  2. BobhYT Win User

Default Settings in Windows 10

Hi

It appears to be Outlook 2016. However I have made Mozilla Thunderbird the default in Windows settings and also in Thunderbird itself, but still windows opens Outlook

BobhYT, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Saving E-Mails

Have you considered purchasing MS Office 365 Home or MS Office 2016 Standard (or higher), both of which include the Mail Client called MS Outlook?

Or you install the Mail Client called Thunderbird for free =>
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

You can do it with the new mail app
    set up all your e-mail accounts
    Then you can use the link button to set them all up as one inbox
    If you need help let me know ok

hTconeM9user, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Thanks but don't care for the email app. Want to use full Outlook 2016. New app is minimalist at best. Need to store thousands of messages and contacts.

wreckwriter, Feb 27, 2016
  6. Sorry cant help you as I only use Mail App
    But don't think you can link any mail into one in box in outlook

7. Probably not. Thanks though.

8. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

I could live without the combined mailbox if I could just get all my emails and contacts in.

9. Have you looked at Outlook 2016 as just found if you go to options I believe you can set up what you want but they all have to be done one at a time.

10. davidhk Win User
    It is best for you to ask the experts who use Outlook 2016.
    Here is one prominent forum dedicated just for that.............
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...um/office_2016

I assume you have already talked to the folks in Thunderbird Support forums ?
    Thunderbird Support • mozillaZine Forums

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  11. Thanks. I'm sure that's the right approach. Right now I'm so disgusted with it that I need to walk away from it. When/if I decide to retry I'll follow your advice.

12. I did a lot of research on the alternative ways and found the conversion of Thunderbird contacts into MS Outlook. This task is carrying out in two phases such as:

Phase 1: Export Mozilla Thunderbird Contacts into CSV format

1.Open Thunderbird
    2.Then follow the path: Tools -> Address Book.
    3.Under Address Book Window, Tools --> Export
    4.Go through ‘Export Address Book’ dialog
    5.Mention the file name and specified the location to save file at local hard-drive
    6.Choose the option (*.csv) under ‘Save as type’ dropdown then click on ‘Save’.
    7.Then, all contacts are stored in-to a single .csv file.

Phase 2: Import CSV file of Contacts into MS Outlook 2016

1.Open Microsoft Outlook
    2.Follow the predefined steps: File-> Open then Select Import
    3.Now, ‘Import and Export Wizard’ appears
    4.Go through the path: ‘Import from another program or file’ -> click Next
    5.Select ‘CSV’ format and click Next
    6.Now, Use Browse button to find the location where CSV file of contacts saved earlier
    7.Now Select Do Not Import Duplicates and click Next
    8.In Select destination folder, click on Contacts and Next
    9.In Import a File window, click Finish and wait till all the contacts will be imported to MS Outlook.
    10.Now, you can resume your work with contacts (Thunderbird) into MS Outlook

MartinHoff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

1. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Moving Thunderbird Outlook

2. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook: Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a...
  3. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook: Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a...
  4. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  5. Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  7. MS Office Outlook 2016 - Moving away from POP3

in Browsers and Email
    MS Office Outlook 2016 - Moving away from POP3: I currently have 3 email accounts that download to Outlook 2016 using POP3. All accounts download into the same Inbox within Outlook and then I move each to relevant sub-folders as necessary. I have stuck with using POP3 mainly because I tend to just use a desktop computer...
  8. Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox: I thought I would just share some knowledge after 2 days of mucking around trying to get my email working again. I run my own Exchange 2016 server and use Outlook to connect to it and read my emails. Yesterday all of a sudden it started throwing up a message stating that...
  9. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  10. moving thunderbird data from C to D

in Browsers and Email
    moving thunderbird data from C to D: I want to move all Thunderbird data and settings from C to D (easier back-up). I followed the instructions from Mozilla (moving a profile). I am able to: find the profiles folder, moving the profiles folder, creating a new profile with thunderbird.exe -p, changing the...