Windows 10: Moving from two drives to one

Discus and support Moving from two drives to one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have a 250gb SSD as my boot drive holds my operating system, photos, etc, and a 4TB HDD that i use for storing all of my games. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swordbreaker925, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Moving from two drives to one

I currently have a 250gb SSD as my boot drive holds my operating system, photos, etc, and a 4TB HDD that i use for storing all of my games.

I want to upgrade to a single SSD some time soon, as it makes things easier to manage, and Adobe software annoyingly cannot be installed on my storage drive because it decides where it wants to install and i cant change that i tried contacting Adobe and they basically said its impossible cuz they know best where to install things on my PC.

Anyway, i realize you cannot simply merge two drives, but im wondering if there's some sort of software or advice for how to move everything onto a single drive so the transition can be as seamless as possible with as little redownloading of exiting apps and games as possible.

:)

Swordbreaker925, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Moving from two drives to one [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Sep 2, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Moving from two drives to one

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Moving from two drives to one

1. Moving from two drives to one - Similar Threads - Moving drives

2. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  3. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  4. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  5. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  6. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

7. Move the installed program for D drive to E drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move the installed program for D drive to E drive: Hello everyone,I installed some software on my D drive, however, now my C drive is full, and I want to extend it.That's why I need to move the data from my D drive to other drive, so I will have more space to extend the C drive.If the data inside the D drive is the normal...
  8. Move the installed program for D drive to E drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the installed program for D drive to E drive: Hello everyone,I installed some software on my D drive, however, now my C drive is full, and I want to extend it.That's why I need to move the data from my D drive to other drive, so I will have more space to extend the C drive.If the data inside the D drive is the normal...
  9. Move the installed program for D drive to E drive

10. How to move all iPhone photos to D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move all iPhone photos to D: Drive?: I already tried "Where new content is saved" -> "New apps will save to" -> "DATA D:". It still doesn't work. I also tried taking a peek at "properties" tab by right clicking but there's no available option for that one. Finally, I tried copying the photos and videos from the...