Windows 10: Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home

Discus and support Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been asked to assist an elderly gentleman, who has been sold a computer with Windows 10 Enterprise on it. The machine, obviously, is reporting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tom_g35, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Tom_g35 Win User

Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home

I have been asked to assist an elderly gentleman, who has been sold a computer with Windows 10 Enterprise on it. The machine, obviously, is reporting invalid licence and I need to move him to the Home version.

We have a licence for the home version and I'm looking for the best way to do the downgrade.

Some sites I have read suggest that all you need to do is input the Home licence on the current setup, but I would have thought that was incorrect (maybe you could if he was moving to Pro)?

I'm presuming that it's a clean install - Do I run this from a USB device? Is there any pitfalls I need to look out for? I don't think BitLocker is enabled on the hard drive but I guess if it is, I just have to disable it?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

:)

Tom_g35, Nov 22, 2019

2. Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Nov 22, 2019
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home

Win 10 boots...

I have even on an old dell laptop from windows xp era: Windows 10 adventures

remixedcat, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home

1. Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Moving Enterprise Home

2. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  4. Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Enterprise: I have more than 15 new system brand new Fresh installation ,and almost all system freeze/hang up keyboard mouse even not working i couldn't find out any reason related to hardware/software.I found this logs in event logger, Is it related to that or what is the reason of...
  5. Purchased Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, Got An Inactive Win10 Enterprise

Purchased Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, Got An Inactive Win10 Enterprise: This is the same problem as this case: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not - Microsoft CommunityThe response here is to contact chat support. I went through the virtual agent and all I end up with is a message saying wait times are longer than...
  6. Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home

Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home: when i try to change its says 0xC004F069 my stupid brother installed a cracked windows 10 enterprise and said "it will help you , its the best windows version" without knowing anything about it. Damn it. Now i have a GVLK license and its gonna run out in 178 days , help...
  7. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue: I have upgraded my Windows Home 10 edition to an Enterprise Edition and now I am being told the original version was not activated. This is incorrect but I need to know how to fix this problem as I cannot activate the newer version without the old version being activated. I...
  8. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  9. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  10. My maddening failure to move from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My maddening failure to move from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: My pre-built Dell system came with Win 10 home. After my Windows exploded, I had to reinstall. Along the way I learned that I need Bitlocker. Since Home doesn't include it, I purchase an OEM install of Win 10 Pro. And that has turned out to be the most horrific experience...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move from win7 enterprise to win10 home