Windows 10: Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. This is my first time using this forum, was already on sevenforums before so I came to this forum since I am moving to Windows 10 OS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frano35, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Frano35 Win User

Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hello everyone.

This is my first time using this forum, was already on sevenforums before so I came to this forum since I am moving to Windows 10 OS. If I posted in wrong section, administrator please move to correct thread or something, I'm new to use of forum.

Anyway, my problem is that I have 500gb hdd as storage drive in my computer. I read that I should format my hdd on windows10 in order to be recognized by os, but is there any way arround? I don't have spare hdd or anything to backup all those files, there is about 300gb of files.

Any help is apreciated Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 :)

:)

Frano35, Oct 16, 2018
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving

2. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  3. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  4. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...: Please Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-keeps-rearranging-my-desktop/04ee927e-e4ec-45d1-b6fd-c892aecfc8e9The same issue is happening to me. I'm running Windows 10 as defined below:This is not an issue with icons on my...
  5. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...: Please Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-keeps-rearranging-my-desktop/04ee927e-e4ec-45d1-b6fd-c892aecfc8e9The same issue is happening to me. I'm running Windows 10 as defined below:This is not an issue with icons on my...
  6. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

7. How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved: It seems Windows uses the SSID of my Wifi as part of the location service. I have now moved and taken my wifi with me. I.e. my wifi still has the same SSID, but it is physically located at my new address. Windows still thinks, I'm at the old address. This is evident from the...
  8. How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved

How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved: It seems Windows uses the SSID of my Wifi as part of the location service. I have now moved and taken my wifi with me. I.e. my wifi still has the same SSID, but it is physically located at my new address. Windows still thinks, I'm at the old address. This is evident from the...
  9. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  10. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...