Windows 10: moving games to removable drives

Discus and support moving games to removable drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi I had just gotten a 2 terabyte HDD drive for my B. day and decided to transfer Sea of Thieves over to it because of its large size. When i went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ProNoob689043, Mar 15, 2019.

1. moving games to removable drives

hi

I had just gotten a 2 terabyte HDD drive for my B. day and decided to transfer Sea of Thieves over to it because of its large size. When i went in to settings selected storage settings set the drive to store all my new games and then hit the move button on sea of thieves, it would put up a loading bar and begin to move it while the drive spun up. maybe less than 20 minutes went by and i chck on it and it says moving games to removable drives 90ab89a3-0e31-4d1e-ba82-00692d8edcb8?upload=true.png

I really don't know what to do about this, I don't know how to store my games on there and I need to considering the size of some games out there.

thanks. moving games to removable drives :)

:)

ProNoob689043, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 15, 2019
  4. moving games to removable drives

Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

moving games to removable drives

1. moving games to removable drives - Similar Threads - moving games removable

2. Moving to a New Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving to a New Hard drive: So recently my old hard drive died. I cannot go to boot or anything so I have purchased a new hard drive I'm unable to get to my operating system on my old drive since it is entirely dead I still have Windows 10 connected to my account so, how do I get my account in Windows...
  3. Move OneDrive to another drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move OneDrive to another drive?: I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of disk space. Can I just move the OneDrive folder to an installed 128GB SD card?...
  4. hard drive move

hard drive move: I have ask this before and have conflicting reply I have an old working comp gateway gt 5014 pent d 2.80 win 10 with 4 gig ram I woulld like to remove hdrive and put into a hp hpe210f amd phenom ii 945 quad 8 gig of ram not sure if this box was upgrades had win7 but...
  5. Remove icons from moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove icons from moving: I have installed windows 10 enterprise v1607 on my personal computer. When i assign an icon to a folder and move it from a drive to another one it appears with the original icon. What's the problem and the solution? [img] 65052
  6. Moving Games Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Games Folder: I have a games folder on my C drive, with loads of games in, I want to move it to another drive, how do I move it so that all the links/icons are still active? 85121
  7. Games Links Removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Links Removed: Hi, After Upgrade , Windows removed all my Games links from Start and Desktop and MS Flight Simulator is even removed from the List of installed Applications. Even Windows Search can not find it. I have to use Explorer going directly to the Path where it is installed....
  8. Gaming on a removable hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming on a removable hard drive.: Good morning. This may be a silly question...so feel free to laugh *Smile I have a gaming rig with a 120 gig solid state drive. With the latest World of Warcraft expansion, I am at 101 gigs just in WoW alone, so it's time to remove WoW from my solid state. I have a...
  9. Drive Letters Moved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Letters Moved: I didn't know where else to post this. All of a sudden I lost some usb 2.0 & all 3.0 ports and my C: drive is now F:. I tried to remove my usb hubs so windows could re-detect them. No go. I deleted the partition on my ssd to reinstall and I still have a drive partition C:....
  10. Moving win10 hard drive

Moving win10 hard drive: I want to build another computer. Is it possible to move my existing Windows 10 hard drive to my new motherboard without having to format and reinstalling windows 10? Will everything boot up as before?*Rolleyes 54214