Windows 10: moving games to removable drives

Discus and support moving games to removable drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi I had just gotten a 2 terabyte HDD drive for my B. day and decided to transfer Sea of Thieves over to it because of its large size. When i went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ProNoob689043, Mar 15, 2019.

1. moving games to removable drives

hi

I had just gotten a 2 terabyte HDD drive for my B. day and decided to transfer Sea of Thieves over to it because of its large size. When i went in to settings selected storage settings set the drive to store all my new games and then hit the move button on sea of thieves, it would put up a loading bar and begin to move it while the drive spun up. maybe less than 20 minutes went by and i chck on it and it says moving games to removable drives 90ab89a3-0e31-4d1e-ba82-00692d8edcb8?upload=true.png

I really don't know what to do about this, I don't know how to store my games on there and I need to considering the size of some games out there.

thanks. moving games to removable drives :)

:)

ProNoob689043, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 15, 2019
  4. moving games to removable drives

Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

moving games to removable drives

1. moving games to removable drives - Similar Threads - moving games removable

2. Moving Game to other drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Game to other drive: I just moved Forza H 5 from C to D then lunched the game it is working. but the game files are now in both drive's C and D. can i delete the game files in drive C ?...
  3. Moving Game to other drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Game to other drive: I just moved Forza H 5 from C to D then lunched the game it is working. but the game files are now in both drive's C and D. can i delete the game files in drive C ?...
  4. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive: Hi. I want to ask if everything will work if I move files located in documents to another drive by moving docs to another drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-game-and-program-files-to-another-drive-by/8edaacc9-c8fb-4128-a462-caedfe862288
  5. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive: Hi. I want to ask if everything will work if I move files located in documents to another drive by moving docs to another drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-game-and-program-files-to-another-drive-by/8edaacc9-c8fb-4128-a462-caedfe862288
  6. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive: Hey, so I downloaded Sea of Thives over the Night and now I wanna move it on my D drive cause I have more Space there. So I went into Settings > Apps > SoT and tried to move it. After a few Seconds into the Moving I get the Error "SoT cant be moved the Error Code is...
  8. Can't move game to different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move game to different drive: [ATTACH] I am trying to Move Forza Horrizon 4 to my HDD because my ssd is running low on space. But if I go into the settings the button to move an application is greyed out. the reason for that seems to be that there is an update for the game. The problem is that I can't...
  9. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  10. Gaming on a removable hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming on a removable hard drive.: Good morning. This may be a silly question...so feel free to laugh *Smile I have a gaming rig with a 120 gig solid state drive. With the latest World of Warcraft expansion, I am at 101 gigs just in WoW alone, so it's time to remove WoW from my solid state. I have a...