Windows 10: Moving Hard Drive from dead computer to new computer without restallin

Discus and support Moving Hard Drive from dead computer to new computer without restallin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a dead acer aspire axc-704g-uw61 and I want move hard drive with windows 10 to new computer a Dell Optiplex 980 without reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mason6721, Aug 15, 2017.

1. mason6721 Win User

Moving Hard Drive from dead computer to new computer without restallin

Hello everyone I have a dead acer aspire axc-704g-uw61 and I want move hard drive with windows 10 to new computer a Dell Optiplex 980 without reinstall windows 10. Can anyone show right way to do this task.
    *Wink Thanks Robert.

:)

mason6721, Aug 15, 2017
  2. MarEspu Win User

file permission

I have transplanted a hard drive from an old dead computer, Compaq with Windows 7, into a new computer, Lenovo with Windows 10. My computer recognizes the transplanted hard drive (D). I did not format hard drive D. I can open hard drive D and see a list
    of files. When I try to open the files on hard drive D it says I do not have permission. I am the administrator on the old dead computer and the new computer. How do I regain permission to open the files on hard drive D?

Thanks.

M.

MarEspu, Aug 15, 2017
  3. JoshuaD. Win User
    Windows 10 Re-install

I just recently built a new computer, and I want to move the hard drive from my laptop over to that computer. The laptop was running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, and the hard drive contains drivers for the laptop, but
    not the new computer, meaning it will not boot from that hard drive. I have a USB Flash Drive for installing Windows 10 64 Bit, and if I installed it on that computer as an upgrade and not a clean install, would it keep all of my files, including Office?

JoshuaD., Aug 15, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 15, 2017
  5. mason6721 Win User
    Thank you for help mate.

mason6721, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving Hard Drive from dead computer to new computer without restallin - Similar Threads - Moving Hard Drive

2. Possible to move primary hard drive to new computer as secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible to move primary hard drive to new computer as secondary drive?: I have a laptop which won't boot due to a 'bad system config info' error.I also have a new desktop I'm building with a new SSD which I'll use as the primary drive. If I take out the primary SSD from my old laptop, and put it into my new desktop computer as a secondary drive...
  3. Transferring hard drive from failed computer to a new computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transferring hard drive from failed computer to a new computer.: Dear Folks:I just finished my tax return, but before I could print it or file it online, the motherboard failed on my older desktop computer Win 10 Home OS.Is there some way for me to remove the hard drive NTFS formatting from the desktop computer and install it into a new...
  4. Computer dead. Can I move hard drive to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer dead. Can I move hard drive to another PC: my computer MB fried. I bought another computer and would like to mount my old hard drive as primary I have win 10 home OEM installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-dead-can-i-move-hard-drive-to-another-pc/a8f961b1-1df2-4d86-bd40-82668627c233
  5. New computer without internal hard drive

New computer without internal hard drive: Just bought a computer without an internal hard drive. I also have an external hard drive to use with this computer. How should I set it up the computer and install new programs. At this time I do not want to use Onedrive and cloud. Thank you now for any advice someone...
  6. Move upgrade from dead computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move upgrade from dead computer?: I've been reading assorted posts and answers for the past couple weeks, but haven't found a response that addresses my situation, which seems odd, since I can't be the only one to ever have experienced this. There are two parts to this, with the second dependent on the first....
  7. Move my hard drive to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move my hard drive to a new computer: Hi My old Samsung laptop has a smashed screen, so I have bought myself a second hand HP laptop. Both laptops have Windows 10 but when I tried to take the hard drive from the Samsung and put it in the HP, I received an error. How can I use my Samsung hard drive and put it...
  8. Move data drive from old computer into new

Move data drive from old computer into new: I am running a 2007 vintage self-built PC with a separate data drive (1tb hdd) and OS/program drive (SSD). I want to move the data hdd into a new computer I've built. Is it just as simple as unplugging/ dismounting from old and installing in new? Any advice is appreciated,...
  9. Move old hard drive to new computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move old hard drive to new computer with windows 10: My old computer with windows 10 installed with a 1tb SSD the old computer has failed but the hard dive is still working, my question is how do I install the old SSD hard drive with windows10 installed on it to my new computer? The new computer is almost the same as the old...
  10. Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?

Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?: I purchased a refurbished computer that came with Windows 7 preinstalled. I upgraded to Windows 10 when the upgrade became available. I have made regular backups of my data, but not Windows itself. The hard drive just died. Is there a way to move my copy of Windows 10...