Windows 10: Moving hard drive

Discus and support Moving hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 computer that is having mother board problem and another similar computer that the hard drive crashed. can I switch the good hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pops47, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Pops47 Win User

Moving hard drive

I have a windows 10 computer that is having mother board problem and another similar computer that the hard drive crashed. can I switch the good hard drive to the other computer

:)

Pops47, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Moving hard drive

little cat, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Moving hard drive

1. Moving hard drive - Similar Threads - Moving hard drive

2. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  3. Hard drive move

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive move: Haven't seen this question yet. I have an Intel NUC-7. A lightning strike killed this computer and every electronic device in my office. I desire to replace the NUC-7 with a NUC-10 barebones. The 500GB SSD, spinning 2TB HD and the 32GB RAM may have survived. I can move these...
  4. Move hard drive to another machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move hard drive to another machine: I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine would there be any issues in doing so? I have the COA and...
  5. Moving a hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving a hard drive: I have a windows 7 home (64 bit) desktop and a windows 10 pro (64 bit) ver 1903 desktop. Can I pull the 350gb storage hard drive from the windows 7 pc and install it in the windows 10 pc (both pcs are SATA) without loosing any of the files on the hard drive. Can I just move...
  6. Moving to a New Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving to a New Hard drive: So recently my old hard drive died. I cannot go to boot or anything so I have purchased a new hard drive I'm unable to get to my operating system on my old drive since it is entirely dead I still have Windows 10 connected to my account so, how do I get my account in Windows...
  7. after hard drive move

after hard drive move: I did this------Received many answers so i just switched the harddrive I have asked this in the community before and have conflicting reply I have an old working comp gateway gt 5014 pent d 2.80 win 10 with 4 gig ram I would like to remove hdrive and put into a hp hpe210f...
  8. hard drive move

hard drive move: I have ask this before and have conflicting reply I have an old working comp gateway gt 5014 pent d 2.80 win 10 with 4 gig ram I woulld like to remove hdrive and put into a hp hpe210f amd phenom ii 945 quad 8 gig of ram not sure if this box was upgrades had win7 but...
  9. moving hard drive to a differant laptop

moving hard drive to a differant laptop: Dog knocked over my laptop and now it doesn't work. Removed the hard deive and bought a used laptop as the broken one. what do I need to due to get the hard drive to run in the new laptop 85006
  10. Moving win10 hard drive

Moving win10 hard drive: I want to build another computer. Is it possible to move my existing Windows 10 hard drive to my new motherboard without having to format and reinstalling windows 10? Will everything boot up as before?*Rolleyes 54214