Windows 10: Moving icons on Taskbar

Discus and support Moving icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wenda, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Wenda Win User

Moving icons on Taskbar

So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me.

Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to 'normal' view the icon shoots across to the right, and the second open icon becomes the first (see pic).

It also does it sometimes in Firefox as well.

Not a major issue, true - but bloody annoying, and I really want to be able to stop it from occurring.

Anyone have a 'fix'?

:)

Wenda, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 16, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Moving icons on Taskbar

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Moving icons on Taskbar

1. Moving icons on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Moving icons Taskbar

2. Windows 10, Taskbar icon keep moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Taskbar icon keep moving: [ATTACH] showing icon on task bar keep moving/flashing. solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-icon-keep-moving/0891946e-3912-433b-bddf-74d31ce095cc
  3. Taskbar icons won’t move

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar icons won’t move: I can't move icons in the browser and on the taskbar.I've to reboot PC to temporarily fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-wont-move/e39c98c9-3e5d-4497-b4f5-4c81230c7660
  4. move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom: Is there any way to move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom? They seem to be hitting some invisible barrier near the bottom where they cant go any lower. 151535
  5. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?: So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally the moved desktop icons wouldn't annoy me, because I could move the taskbar back to get them to be in the right place....
  6. Taskbare icons moving back and forth

Taskbare icons moving back and forth: For the past couple of months, the power icon, wifi icon, volume icon and the arrow up for the hidden icons keep moving back and forth constantly making it frustrating to click on any of them. At first it seemed as this happened for a few minutes at start up, but now it is...
  7. How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray: Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from Windows Store that feature has been removed) or some other programs that just run in the background doing their thing and I don't...
  8. Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top

Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top: I have a problem with the underline beneath the active taskbar icons. I find them hard to see and they get hidden by my tablets case. So I moved the taskbar to the top of the screen. Should have known, because of syncing this automatically moved the taskbar on my desktop...
  9. small taskbar icons moving on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    small taskbar icons moving on windows 10: hi i have just downloaded windows 10 and find my small taskbar icons moving ... any help ? thanks 10192
  10. Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?: Is there a way to make W10 move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop? I could do this in W8.1 although I was using Start8. This has become a minor issue with W10 since when I install an update to a program (reinstall a newer version) the "old" Icon in the Taskbar...