Windows 10: Moving icons to bottom of screen

Discus and support Moving icons to bottom of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sgrehabdoc, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Moving icons to bottom of screen

Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

sgrehabdoc, Jan 11, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Moving icons to bottom of screen ;)

qubit, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Can't move desktop icons to bottom row of the screen

Hello,

We appreciate your earnest effort to reach out with Microsoft Community. We understand that you were unable to move desktop icons to the bottom row of the screen due to certain changes in Windows 10. To help you accomplish the task, we recommend that you
    follow the steps below.

• Right click on empty space on desktop; then click View.
    • On the dropdown, select Auto arrange icons.

Check if that resolves your concern.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Moving icons to bottom of screen

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Moving icons to bottom of screen :)

Thema:

Moving icons to bottom of screen

1. Moving icons to bottom of screen - Similar Threads - Moving icons bottom

2. how to move icon into the show hidden icon box bottom right in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move icon into the show hidden icon box bottom right in task bar: The answer MS offers doesn't work for any exes. I want to move Windows Fax and Scan icon into the Hidden Icon area. The best I can get by right clicking on the F&S icon is get it on the Task bar where it simply takes up space. That is too accessible....
  3. how to move icon into the show hidden icon box bottom right in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move icon into the show hidden icon box bottom right in task bar: The answer MS offers doesn't work for any exes. I want to move Windows Fax and Scan icon into the Hidden Icon area. The best I can get by right clicking on the F&S icon is get it on the Task bar where it simply takes up space. That is too accessible....
  4. Icons moved from bottom of screen to the left side. this happened when I set the computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons moved from bottom of screen to the left side. this happened when I set the computer...: how do I return Icons to bottom of screen from the left side. It moved by it's self when I set the laptop down on it's side' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-moved-from-bottom-of-screen-to-the-left-side/bf0797db-bc7c-4441-bf14-6aa27612fd40
  5. The top of my screen is moved to the bottom. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The top of my screen is moved to the bottom. Help?: [ATTACH] So my computer has been running into an issue lately where the top of the screen is moved to the bottom. I don't know why this happens, but when it does, it covers the bottom of the taskbar and makes it impossible to tell what is and isn't open. It's not computer...
  6. Icon on right bottom corner on my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Icon on right bottom corner on my screen: [ATTACH] I have started noticing this icon on right hand corner of many windows what is it? is it a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-right-bottom-corner-on-my-screen/5caf9ccd-ea8a-49c6-9eb3-4d6fc8b4691f
  7. move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom: Is there any way to move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom? They seem to be hitting some invisible barrier near the bottom where they cant go any lower. 151535
  8. MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY

MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY: MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar-from-bottom-of-screen-to-top-of/580f894c-f9e4-4b61-9691-a81ce8240410
  9. how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen

how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen: moving taskbar from left side of screen to the bottom of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-move-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-screen/94b18541-814c-4334-8c99-15fafe72f075
  10. ICONS at the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    ICONS at the bottom: Just can't get these back. At the bottom of screen I login to yahoo mess. and it puts a icon at the bottom of screen. Well I used to have a icon that stayed there that was PC and one that said my name and had files in it. Win did a download update and they are gone now the...