Windows 10: moving icons

Discus and support moving icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement 52964 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eyesareup, Jun 9, 2016.

1. eyesareup Win User

moving icons

The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement

:)

eyesareup, Jun 9, 2016

2. Moving icons

Thanks. I think I already found and tried that to no avail. I'll try it again.

cwilliamc3, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Moving icons

Since upgrading Windows 7 to 10 I have been unable to lock desktop icons in the order I want them. With every restart they are completely reordered. I have been unable to find an answer to this problem anywhere. Can someone help?

cwilliamc3, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

moving icons

Right click on the desktop and make sure Auto arrange icons is unchecked.

moving icons [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

moving icons

1. moving icons - Similar Threads - moving icons

2. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.: Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the custom icon resets to default empty folder icon. I found out the solution, so I'm gonna tell you: The problem is because of...
  3. How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?: The SSD that came with my Intel NUC is only 32 GB (and soldered in)..I've added an HDD to accomodate apps but....some downloads do not give the option of where to load them, so they automatically go to C..even when computer instruction is to lead downloads to D..So, my...
  4. 3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder: Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right...
  5. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?: So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally the moved desktop icons wouldn't annoy me, because I could move the taskbar back to get them to be in the right place....
  6. Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying: Hi. I'm using win10 v1803 with latest update installed. here is my problem: I change a folder icon with "TeorexFolderico" or "FolderMarker" and the icon changes (No problem), but when I move/copy that folder, the new icon does not show and the hidden ".ini" file will appear...
  7. Taskbare icons moving back and forth

Taskbare icons moving back and forth: For the past couple of months, the power icon, wifi icon, volume icon and the arrow up for the hidden icons keep moving back and forth constantly making it frustrating to click on any of them. At first it seemed as this happened for a few minutes at start up, but now it is...
  8. how do I move an app icon to the desktop

how do I move an app icon to the desktop: How do I move an app icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-icon-to-the-desktop/21148c2a-8086-46a1-b9d6-505c6aa62616
  9. Windows 10 System Tray Icons Moving

Windows 10 System Tray Icons Moving: I have just installed a fresh version of Windows 10 Pro 1809, Build 17763.253 and my PC works perfectly. However, my system tray is behaving in a strange manner. To the left and/or the right of the clock a white vertical bar continuously flashes on and off causing the icons...
  10. Moving icons to bottom of screen

Moving icons to bottom of screen: Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks....