Windows 10: moving icons

Discus and support moving icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement 52964 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eyesareup, Jun 9, 2016.

1. eyesareup Win User

moving icons

The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement

:)

eyesareup, Jun 9, 2016

2. Moving icons

Thanks. I think I already found and tried that to no avail. I'll try it again.

cwilliamc3, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Moving icons

Since upgrading Windows 7 to 10 I have been unable to lock desktop icons in the order I want them. With every restart they are completely reordered. I have been unable to find an answer to this problem anywhere. Can someone help?

cwilliamc3, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

moving icons

Right click on the desktop and make sure Auto arrange icons is unchecked.

moving icons [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

moving icons

1. moving icons - Similar Threads - moving icons

2. Windows 10 System Tray Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 System Tray Icons Moving: I have just installed a fresh version of Windows 10 Pro 1809, Build 17763.253 and my PC works perfectly. However, my system tray is behaving in a strange manner. To the left and/or the right of the clock a white vertical bar continuously flashes on and off causing the icons...
  3. Moving icons to bottom of screen

Moving icons to bottom of screen: Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks....
  4. Icons on Desktopwont move and have a box you can check in upper left corner

Icons on Desktopwont move and have a box you can check in upper left corner: When I go to move Icon, it wont move and opens with one click. I can check a box in the upper left corner, that box is on all Icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktopwont-move-and-have-a-box-you-can/b7b0efc2-b9e1-4548-b1b8-8c01a8698a5d
  5. Right Click Windows Icon Fails after using File Explorer to move Profile Folders to New Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Windows Icon Fails after using File Explorer to move Profile Folders to New Drive: I must say that Windows is becoming more and more unfriendly with each new release, especially when you use Microsoft Tools to perform functions that you use to be able to do manually and they POOCH the system when used. For example, I used the Location tool in File...
  6. Any Cure Yet for Desktop Icons Moving, Changing, Resizing themselves?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Cure Yet for Desktop Icons Moving, Changing, Resizing themselves?: I read through a long thread from last year here: Desktop icons keep rearranging That ended about where it started: No cure. I was struck by how many people have this issue of Icons set on the desktop, which move around after restarts or other interruptions, are inconsistent...
  7. When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas?

When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas?: I believe I changed a setting accidentally. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-a-desktop-icon-to-center-of-screen-it/ea76b3c4-abc6-41c0-9a47-29c442bad2ad
  8. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...
  9. Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive: I opened Windows this morning and found most of my desktop icons unopenable when left-clicked. Right- clicking activated a mysterious droplist. I may "share a Onedrive link" or use "other Onedrive sharing options" as well, "view online," "always keep on this device," "free...
  10. Moving Icons on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Icons on Dual Monitors: On my dual monitor system there are shortcut icons that will move themselves to the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection). I don't use the 2nd full time so I would like them to stay on the 1st. To move them back I have to turn on the other monitor and drag them back. If I unplug the...