Windows 10: moving icons

Discus and support moving icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement 52964 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eyesareup, Jun 9, 2016.

1. eyesareup Win User

moving icons

The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement

:)

eyesareup, Jun 9, 2016

2. Moving icons

Thanks. I think I already found and tried that to no avail. I'll try it again.

cwilliamc3, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Moving icons

Since upgrading Windows 7 to 10 I have been unable to lock desktop icons in the order I want them. With every restart they are completely reordered. I have been unable to find an answer to this problem anywhere. Can someone help?

cwilliamc3, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

moving icons

Right click on the desktop and make sure Auto arrange icons is unchecked.

moving icons [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

moving icons

1. moving icons - Similar Threads - moving icons

2. Moving the taskbar rearranges my desktop icons + saves the configuration somehow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the taskbar rearranges my desktop icons + saves the configuration somehow: I have a 2 monitor setup and have been having a ton of issues lately with my desktop icons rearranging when my monitors go to sleep. I've read a bunch of threads on making sure windows is up-to-date (the standard default solution), removing registry keys, and updating my...
  3. WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,...: SEE SUBJECT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-icons-in-start-wind-10-jump-to-his-place-when/665a37ff-93e3-448c-bcbc-12ce8664268f
  4. My system tray icons are moving left-right and its getting annoying, is there a know fix to...

My system tray icons are moving left-right and its getting annoying, is there a know fix to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luiseus_XV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hftzvz/my_system_tray_icons_are_moving_leftright_and_its/
  5. Desktop icons move randomly when connected to an External Monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop icons move randomly when connected to an External Monitor in Windows 10: [ATTACH]You have a Windows 10 dual monitor setup running, and if you change from the primary display to the external monitor, you may notice that […] This article Desktop icons move randomly when connected to an External Monitor in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  6. One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004: I recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 from Windows Update. Ever since then, there has been one desktop icon (Windows Administrative Tools) that's been moving every time after I reboot my laptop. It jumps over 3 rows to the right and 3 rows up. I've tried every to...
  7. Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop

Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop: Hello Microsoft Support, since the latest Update Windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon by itself. I have a tripple screen setup with a 24'' screen as the main display in the middle and two 19'' screens on the sides. I arranged my desktop icons to have all my programms...
  8. desktop icons move on the 2 screens?

desktop icons move on the 2 screens?: Is there a way to fix the icons on the desktop of Windows 10 or something like that desktop icons verschieben sich auf den 2 bildschirme?
  9. Desktop icons move after start up

Desktop icons move after start up: [ATTACH] Since the latest 2004 update this happens. I only have two icons on my desktop being 'This PC' on the top left corner and below it the recycle bin. They keep moving to the position in the attached photo after every restart. I have 'align to grid' checked and...
  10. Desktop icons suddenly moved to 2nd monitor

Desktop icons suddenly moved to 2nd monitor: Two monitors connected to Dell XPS 15 through a thunderbolt dock. This set up worked perfectly for two years until I installed the recent zoom update. I tried uninstalling zoom and the issue persists. I installed the win 10 2004 update and still have the issue. The strangest...