Windows 10: Moving Icons

Discus and support Moving Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; DO you have any intention of fixing this problem? Do you care that your customers have this issue? Find a flipping resolution. You have no problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NitzaMiro-Vaiciunas, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Moving Icons

DO you have any intention of fixing this problem?

Do you care that your customers have this issue?

Find a flipping resolution. You have no problem taking our money for us fools that keep buying your products but you have problems coming up with solutions to your bugs.

:)

NitzaMiro-Vaiciunas, Mar 17, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Moving Icons ;)

qubit, Mar 17, 2020
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Moving Icons

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Moving Icons

1. Moving Icons - Similar Threads - Moving Icons

2. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  3. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  4. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  5. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  6. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  7. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  8. How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...: How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the clock?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-old-copilot-icon-position-in/70cf0413-b01d-4c04-8348-8fba90dfefba
  9. How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...

How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the...: How do I move the old Copilot icon position in Windows 11 to the new position close to the clock?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-old-copilot-icon-position-in/70cf0413-b01d-4c04-8348-8fba90dfefba
  10. Copilot Icon Moving Is a CFR!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot Icon Moving Is a CFR!: Having seen read people saying, "What gives?, my Copilot icon has not moved to the Sys Tray"...It is a Controlled Feature Rollout; meaning, not all Users will receive it simultaneously or immediately. For some it will come soon in a later Update Moment 5. Please, see the Note...