Windows 10: Moving/lifting my laptop causes a BSOD

Discus and support Moving/lifting my laptop causes a BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are 3 different BSOD stop codes that Am dealing with, they were:1. Driver verifier DMA violation mostly occurs2. System thread exception not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Athrow, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Athrow Win User

Moving/lifting my laptop causes a BSOD

There are 3 different BSOD stop codes that Am dealing with, they were:1. Driver verifier DMA violation mostly occurs2. System thread exception not handled3.IRQL not less or equalAnd sometimes came with "What failed: Qcamain10x64.sys"I tried to update all the drivers that my manufacturers gave me Asus web only and the Windows update as well, but the problem seems not to be fixed. Any advice?

:)

Athrow, Jul 31, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Jul 31, 2021
  4. buncieboy Win User

Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Wow thats a lot of usual causes!

Just to clarify / remove some things of that list, as mentioned the RAM has passed memtest multiple times, none of my hardware is OC'd, BIOS is fully up to date.

As far as I'm aware this is because its the single ram speed, and with it being DDR its 800*2=1600, I could be mistaken though?

As for the slots basically I was having BSOD's whenever any module was installed in one of the channels, so I had to move both modules over to the other channel, and this seemed to fix it, however I can move them back around to see what happens.

As for the memory I could have sworn I saw it on the supported list a while ago, ill check with the vendor of my PC.

Thanks for all the help Moving/lifting my laptop causes a BSOD :)

So whats the next step?

buncieboy, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Moving/lifting my laptop causes a BSOD - Similar Threads - Moving lifting laptop

2. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by nvlddmkm.sys on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by nvlddmkm.sys on a laptop: Specs: Gigabyte AORUS 15 XE5Windows 11 Home 22H2i5-12500hNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 Ti16gb ddr5-4800 ramI am currently experiencing ocasional BSODs saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Can start windows normally, crash happens after a while. Tried looking at minidump files and...
  3. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by nvlddmkm.sys on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by nvlddmkm.sys on a laptop: Specs: Gigabyte AORUS 15 XE5Windows 11 Home 22H2i5-12500hNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 Ti16gb ddr5-4800 ramI am currently experiencing ocasional BSODs saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Can start windows normally, crash happens after a while. Tried looking at minidump files and...
  4. My bluetooth headphones causes my Windows 11 laptop BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth headphones causes my Windows 11 laptop BSoD: I have a Windows 11 laptop updated to the most recent version and a pair of bluetooth Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones.It happens that when I occasionally disconnects the headset from the laptop and then reconnect it again, the pairing of the bluetooth device make the system crash...
  5. Blue screen everytime I lift up laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen everytime I lift up laptop: Since one week, everytime I lift up my laptop to move to another place for example, or move my legs so the screen suddenly wiggles a bit, I get a blue screen saying ": there was a problem with your device", I added a picture of the wrong code. It's in Dutch, but it is...
  6. Blue screen everytime I lift up laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen everytime I lift up laptop: Since one week, everytime I lift up my laptop to move to another place for example, or move my legs so the screen suddenly wiggles a bit, I get a blue screen saying ": there was a problem with your device", I added a picture of the wrong code. It's in Dutch, but it is...
  7. Blue screen everytime I lift up laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD causing laptop won't turn on

BSOD causing laptop won't turn on: Hello, can someone analyze my BSOD crash dump file? Apparently my laptop ASUS X441UV having frequent crash caused by WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. After analyzing the dump file, the crash caused by wifi card Qualcomm Atheros AR956X. So i've opened the laptop and look for the...
  9. No lift in MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lift in MSFS2020: I cannot get off from the runway. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-lift-in-msfs2020/0a727a1d-1636-45a6-90a8-d632d340b80a
  10. Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10

Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10: I had an old version of Windows 10 installed on my laptop and a week ago win32kbase.sys started causing an immediate PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREAS BSOD every time I moved the cursor with the mouse or keyboard, or with the keyboard only from the login screen (since moving the...