Windows 10: Moving Money Backup from Docs to new money program

Discus and support Moving Money Backup from Docs to new money program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Lost all of my info from due to a reinstall of Windows. I have installed an old Money program and can't find a way to bring in (transfer) Money... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by retyredin99, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Moving Money Backup from Docs to new money program

I Lost all of my info from due to a reinstall of Windows. I have installed an old Money program and can't find a way to bring in (transfer) Money backups that I have in MY Documents. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

:)

retyredin99, Jul 27, 2018

2. money program

• Thanks - I was hoping the newer programs would include Money - I lost my Microsoft 2006 a few months ago and had a need to reinstall. Now I'm hearing about a program called steps?

JosephPlachinski, Jul 27, 2018
  3. JB_007hms Win User
    Microsoft Money for Windows 10

MS Money 98 and Windows 10

To Install:

Install MS Money as usual. The usable files are NOT found in program files (Program Files x86), as one would think. You will see them there, but in windows 10, those are not helpful.

Prior to copying saved money files into your win 10 install

• rename your last backup from a flash drive or expansion drive e.g. Expansion Drive/money/My Money Backup xxxx2016 with today's date, so you can easily keep track of your activities
    • Copy and paste to C/Users/your name/One Drive
    Once you navigate to that location, you will see the usable Money file with today's date.

Clicking on that file will open the program to that latest backup.

At that point a MS Money icon should showing on your desktop. If not, copy and paste it from your start menu to your desktop.

Use program as usual, Money will auto save to that now current working file.

To Save to a Flash or Expansion Drive:

From C/Users/your name/One Drive, rename that working with today's date, so you can easily keep track of your activities, and copy that file onto a flash or expansion drive.

Whenever you need to copy a backup into Windows 10, follow the same steps. You can do it as often as you need. Just remember to change the dates, once the backups reach the expansion drive or the program. Once the new files have successfully copied over,
    it is safe to delete older ones. I always save a previous one on my expansion drive, just in case.

JB_007hms, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Moving Money Backup from Docs to new money program

Win10 MS Money Sunset - Adding New Payee crashes Money

When I try to add a new Payee in MS Money Sunset running on Win10, I get an error message: "Microsoft Money has stopped working". "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

I can work around by adding each individual new Payee in the Payee list but ideally Money would work as it was intended to do. Has anybody found a solution for this yet?

Patagonazo, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Moving Money Backup from Docs to new money program

1. Moving Money Backup from Docs to new money program - Similar Threads - Moving Money Backup

2. Money program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Money program: I have ben using Money Plus deluxe for years. Getting new pc with Win 11. Need new money program. Is there one that will import the data and is as user friendly as this one is?...
  3. Money program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Money program: I have ben using Money Plus deluxe for years. Getting new pc with Win 11. Need new money program. Is there one that will import the data and is as user friendly as this one is?...
  4. MS Money: Are backups cumulative?

MS Money: Are backups cumulative?: I have MS Money 2004 and would like to know if the *.mbf backup files are cumulative. That is, does each ensuing backup over-write the previous backup? And if it does, then am I correct in assuming that one only needs to save the last backup as it will have all the info from...
  5. Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Money: Gift card dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/money/c7163036-f643-40b1-a8c2-10320042dcfb
  6. Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.: The last backup I completed has my older version of Money. Will the new backup remove the old version and replace it with the latest one? Or will I loose both?? or what. I need expert help. Thanks, Bob My windows 10 version is 18362.1082 165113
  7. Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.: The last backup I completed has my older version of Money. Will the new backup remove the old version and replace it with the latest one? Or will I loose both?? or what. I need expert help. Thanks, Bob My windows 10 version is 18362.1082 165113
  8. MSN Money App problem (NOT Microsoft money the program)

MSN Money App problem (NOT Microsoft money the program): I use MSN money app, it works great except: Once I add a stock symbol to the list and later sell that sock, I want to remove it from the watch list. The white star does the removal, yet on the next refresh, it appears again. This is happening to only 2 stocks on the list....
  9. how to backup data Microsoft money

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to backup data Microsoft money: how to backup data Microsoft money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-data-microsoft-money/3a106d33-4d10-454b-b5c4-bbef9942adb1
  10. I'm a new user to Windows 10. There is no "money" tile and "money" is not listed on the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm a new user to Windows 10. There is no "money" tile and "money" is not listed on the...: I'm a new user of windows 10 and reading "Windows 10 for seniors" so you get an idea where I'm at. I do not see the money tile and also it is absent from the alphabetical list of scroll down apps. . Where would I find this?...