Windows 10: Moving mouse brings up desktop

Discus and support Moving mouse brings up desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JillDouglas, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Moving mouse brings up desktop

New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I change the "window" to keep desktop from coming up.

Also, is there any way to completely get rid of the startup box on the lower left that contains the same icons on the desktop. When playing games, pressing the Windows desktop icon on the keyboard brings up this irritation box on the left with icons. Highly irritating!

:)

JillDouglas, Aug 8, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

no audio

I am sorry Matt but that is a step by step instruction. After you downloaded the file: wdm.zip and for simplicity, move it to desktop.
    1. Point your mouse to wdm.zip then click with right mouse button
    2. a menu popup, click on extract to wdm
    3. Navigate to the folder where you can find the file: wdma_emu.inf
    4. Point your mouse at the file then click with right mouse button again
    5. a menu pop up, move your mouse to Install then click with the left mouse button.

topgundcp, Aug 8, 2019
  3. mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Moving mouse brings up desktop

Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Moving mouse brings up desktop

1. Moving mouse brings up desktop - Similar Threads - Moving mouse brings

2. Moving Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Mouse Pointer: I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But, what of when those are...
  3. Dial-up and the pains it brings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial-up and the pains it brings: I am connected to a dial up connection but on the Internet status in settings it says I am not connected to any networks. This is relevant because it doesn't allow me to use any Microsoft apps such as the Xbox app, Windows Store and Netflix. I've tried resetting the...
  4. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop: I apologize if posted in wrong forum here) bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up with the both keyboard and mouse wireless .. but now a few days later after my boot up screen kicks into the desktop mode both...
  5. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop: I apologize if posted in wrong forum here) bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up with the both keyboard and mouse wireless .. but now a few days later after my boot up screen kicks into the desktop mode both...
  6. Mouse Button Brings Up All Tabs

Mouse Button Brings Up All Tabs: I have the Mx Anywhere 2s. Instead of a regular scroll wheel button, it has a button right beneath the scroll wheel. This is what I use to close tabs, etc. I switched computers recently, and whenever I push it to close a tab, it brings up all tabs. With a mouse with a normal...
  7. Desktop Icons move on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons move on start up: For a couple of weeks now (after windows 10 update, and still after the most recent update) every time I restart the computer, my desktop icons are rearranged on the desktop. All icons which I have arranged on the right side of the screen get moved and re-arranged to other...
  8. Moving mouse .

Moving mouse .: Moving mouse from one window to another automatically opens the other window without clicking on it. How do I stop this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mouse/3dbb97cb-9ab4-4921-8cf5-234a2e88ece5
  9. Move Desktop to Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Desktop to Laptop: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with a 500MB hard drive. I have installed W10 and my Office 2007 license (from years ago) was worth it and I continue using it without any problem. I need to change that machine for a laptop, more than anything to be able to move with...
  10. Moving Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Desktop: I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks 112383