Windows 10: Moving mouse brings up desktop

Discus and support Moving mouse brings up desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JillDouglas, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Moving mouse brings up desktop

New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I change the "window" to keep desktop from coming up.

Also, is there any way to completely get rid of the startup box on the lower left that contains the same icons on the desktop. When playing games, pressing the Windows desktop icon on the keyboard brings up this irritation box on the left with icons. Highly irritating!

:)

JillDouglas, Aug 8, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

no audio

I am sorry Matt but that is a step by step instruction. After you downloaded the file: wdm.zip and for simplicity, move it to desktop.
    1. Point your mouse to wdm.zip then click with right mouse button
    2. a menu popup, click on extract to wdm
    3. Navigate to the folder where you can find the file: wdma_emu.inf
    4. Point your mouse at the file then click with right mouse button again
    5. a menu pop up, move your mouse to Install then click with the left mouse button.

topgundcp, Aug 8, 2019
  3. mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Moving mouse brings up desktop

Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Moving mouse brings up desktop

1. Moving mouse brings up desktop - Similar Threads - Moving mouse brings

2. Messed up moving location of Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  3. Messed up moving location of Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  4. Desktop icons move on start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons move on start-up: I use a multi-monitor 2 set up in which the monitors can work together or independently. About one third of the desktops is covered by icons for applications or files/folders I use frequently. These icons are grouped into clusters based on subject matter to help me find them....
  5. Mouse will not bring task bar up in certain applications

Mouse will not bring task bar up in certain applications: I have my taskbar set to auto-hide. It works fine until I try to use 2 certain programs, Corel Paint Shop Pro and Affinity Photo. Then the mouse is useless. I have to press the Windows button to bring up the start, and the task bar with it. This problem has happened on 2...
  6. Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?: Heyo. I've just updated my PC after a while of outdated software and drivers and somehow I got this issue. Whenever I put my mouse over my icons and move it around, it delays for about a second or two. This is the same with moving them as well. Why is this happening? I've...
  7. Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site

Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site: Created a shortcut on the desktop to bring up a sharepoint site. When I click on it, the site comes up for a split second and then the screen goes to a screen displaying the following:...
  8. Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving: 2019-11-30 11-28-04 - Streamable 145452
  9. Mouse Button Brings Up All Tabs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Button Brings Up All Tabs: I have the Mx Anywhere 2s. Instead of a regular scroll wheel button, it has a button right beneath the scroll wheel. This is what I use to close tabs, etc. I switched computers recently, and whenever I push it to close a tab, it brings up all tabs. With a mouse with a normal...
  10. Desktop Icons move on start up

Desktop Icons move on start up: For a couple of weeks now (after windows 10 update, and still after the most recent update) every time I restart the computer, my desktop icons are rearranged on the desktop. All icons which I have arranged on the right side of the screen get moved and re-arranged to other...