Windows 10: moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

Discus and support moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Something strange happens to me i never noticed. When i do nothing i have 1% cpu usage. But when i start rapidly moving mouse, cpu usage goes up to 20%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by empleat, May 19, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

Something strange happens to me i never noticed. When i do nothing i have 1% cpu usage. But when i start rapidly moving mouse, cpu usage goes up to 20% for process explorer.exe, which is indeed weird. And for system interrupts cpu usage increases from 0.1 only to 0.5 How does mouse have to do anything with explorer.exe and i am currently on 4.1ghz intel i7 3770 4 cores, disabled hyper threading. And it doesn't happen randomly tested it already couple times. So weird i don't even have that high polling rate only 500hz and i have connected only mouse and keyboard into top ports of usb 2.0

:)

empleat, May 19, 2019
  2. iangie Win User

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, May 19, 2019
  3. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, May 19, 2019
  4. moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

High cpu usage - CPU Spikes when moving mouse...

Hi everyone - I've built my own custom pc, it has worked wonders for about 2 years now.

I've rebuilt some of the pc because of upgrades, so my current specifications is as follows...

I7-7700k (I JUST replaced this 2 hours ago more on this down below)

Asus strix 1070 oc

2x 2400MHz 8GB ram Corsair Vengeance

Corsair AX 860 PSU

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard.

I have had some problems with my old PCU (I5-6600K) where it had high cpu usage, literally spiking from 10-15% idle to 60-70% just by hovering over icons on the desktop. Also running a steady 100% whenever
    I used any programs.

Did a bunch of testing to figure out what was wrong with it, but gave up in the end after about 8-10 hours of work on it. Decided to buy a new CPU to see if that helped (i already wanted a new one so i thought
    why not...)

The problem that is happening was not persistent after I put the new cpu in today. But after about 2 hours of run on the pc it began having troubles again. It first began while playing world of warcraft. The
    FPS was lowered even though both cpu and gpu was running on about 50-80% power. Whenever i would move the mouse my game would just lag out and if i kept moving it continuously it would completely stop showing frames and just freeze until i stopped moving it
    again.

After that i noticed that whenever i moved my mouse on the icons on the desktop or move my mouse around on google chrome it begins spiking up again like last time. Also it uses a lot of CPU power for small
    jobs which it really shouldn't. Like having discord, 5 pages of chrome and steam open it can use around 30-40% on a i7-7700k??

I know you like when people try to do it themselves first. And I am not a 'noob' at troubleshooting and googling my way through problems, but this one is a tough nut to crack.

Problem: High cpu usage overall and high cpu spikes whenever i move the mouse. Literally can't play games because whenever i have to move the mouse it begins to do lagspikes.

What i've tried so far:

• Reinstalled windows 10 3 times and updated all drivers afterwards.
    • Wiped the entire SSD with the windows 10 and the games on twice.
    • Reapplied thermal paste and even replaced the cpu to a newer and stronger edition
    • uninstalled various drivers from the device manager and reinstalling them.
    • Fiddling around in safe mode without much knowledge of what to look for.
    • benchmarked the cpu to see if it was lacking behind (it wasn't)
    • Done a malware system scan through malware bytes
    • Done a ccleaner scan
    • done a antivirus scan through avira.
    I am out of ideas and i cant seem to find any help on google and i really hope any of you guys are able and willing to help me with this pesky issue... It's not fun to have a 'strong' computer if it can't even
    handle browsing or simple games...

madshøiberg, May 19, 2019
Thema:

moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

1. moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe - Similar Threads - moving mouse cause

2. High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe: There's an unusual process called TiWorker.exe. Previous posts say that this is a Windows Update process, but this process runs for hours and heavily uses my CPU 50-70%. How can I delete it entirely or at least disable it permanently?...
  3. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  4. smartscreen.exe causing high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    smartscreen.exe causing high CPU usage: My Win 10 20H2 build 19042.867 is running 25 to 40% CPU when no programs are running! I have an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 3700u running at 2.3 GHz. I have 20 GB of RAM. When the Win 10 CPU is running at 45-50%, the heat in the CPU cores elevates to ~60-70 deg C. Checking the TASK...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe causing high cpu usage.

ntoskrnl.exe causing high cpu usage.: Hello, Some months ago I started to see high cpu usage from ntoskrnl.exe. It is constantly using around 4%-20% of my cpu, and it never stops. I tried using windows defender but nothing changed, I also updated my nvidia drivers. I sometimes get blue screens, but it isn't...
  6. acpi.sys causing high cpu usage

acpi.sys causing high cpu usage: can someone look at this file i made using windows performance recorder and tell me what is causing the high cpu usage? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mXp-vD0NaPsi6IF3F0vk6k_nRfOM1n0Y/view?usp=sharing...
  7. High CPU usage when moving my mouse.

High CPU usage when moving my mouse.: Basically, whenever I move my mouse in a window or program, the cpu usage of that program spikes significantly. I've also noticed that videos stutter a lot whenever i move my cursor as well. One thing I have noticed is that while using the touchpad does increase the cpu usage...
  8. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  9. Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!

Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!: Whenever my computer is idle (and sometimes when I'm using it) this app starts up and sucks 100% of my CPU and heats up my computer. I noticed several posts from 2016 of people reporting this and I guess it was supposed to be fixed but I guess it hasn't. How to I fix this...
  10. CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage

CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage: Hello, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer started to slow down due to high CPU usage. After some research I figured out that this is caused by a service called CertPropSvc (Microsoft Smartcard Certificate Propagation Service). If I manually stop the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows xp high cpu usage when using mouse

3. high cpu usage windows explorer when using mouse on desktop

4. mouse causing cpu spikes,
  5. high cpu when moving mouse,
  6. high cpu when moving mouse or trackpad,
  7. moving mouse cpu %,
  8. touch pad using cpu explorer,
  9. windows explorer high cpu when moving mouse,
  10. high gpu usage moving mouse,