Windows 10: Moving mouse causes Windows 10 to freeze, requiring reboot

Discus and support Moving mouse causes Windows 10 to freeze, requiring reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC. The mouse I'd been using recently developed problems and I had to replace it. Now occasionally (sometimes it'll go several days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joemage44, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Joemage44 Win User

Moving mouse causes Windows 10 to freeze, requiring reboot

I have a Windows 10 PC. The mouse I'd been using recently developed problems and I had to replace it. Now occasionally (sometimes it'll go several days without happening) I'll be moving the mouse and the PC will freeze and I'll have to do a cold reset. When I look at Device Manager, there are two identical mouse drivers. Both are "HID-compliant mouse." I've uninstalled one of them several times but it always comes back, and I see no way to uninstall both at once - if that's even the problem. I'm not sure what else to try. The mouse is USB. I have the most current version of Windows 10. I'd really appreciate some advice. Thank you!

:)

Joemage44, Oct 22, 2018

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

i only have mouse and keyboard connected. dont use anything else.

PC is chill. CPU on load is less than 55C. I have lots of fans!

When i restart the PC it goes away, so pretty sure thats not heat.

I changed my port too! it came back again after some time. Windows 10 really sucks.

de.das.dude, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Freezes But Mouse Still Moves

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest Mice and other pointing devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the HID compliant mouse and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving mouse causes Windows 10 to freeze, requiring reboot - Similar Threads - Moving mouse causes

2. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  3. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  4. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot: I have an HP Envy laptop and after installing the latest feature updates, my computer freezes when going into sleep mode requiring me to do a hard reboot, Holding down the power button for 5 seconds in order to be able to use my computer again.If I close the lid on my...
  6. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot: I have an HP Envy laptop and after installing the latest feature updates, my computer freezes when going into sleep mode requiring me to do a hard reboot, Holding down the power button for 5 seconds in order to be able to use my computer again.If I close the lid on my...
  7. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10: I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when well, only a few minor problems. But on using both computers I have run into the same problem. Randomly, the mouse and...
  9. Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10: I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when well, only a few minor problems. But on using both computers I have run into the same problem. Randomly, the mouse and...
  10. Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.: I have Windows 10 Home Ver. 1909 OS Build 18363.720 [ATTACH] When I move my mouse it causes my computer to pretty much begin lagging. It doesn't do it so much outside of applications but when playing games it chugs heavily. Same with chat applications. Anything animated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i share mouse with 2 computers occassionally it will freeze and not work until I reboot computer?

2. bad mouse cause pc to reboot

3. mouse causing windows 10 reboot

4. common causes of mouse freeze and reboot on win 10,
  5. what can cause the mouse to freeze and reboot,
  6. causes of mouse freeze,
  7. windows `10 freeze when mouse moves,
  8. windows 10 mouse freezes requiring restart,
  9. what causes sudden reboot computer check when i click on mouse