Windows 10: Moving mouse off of a window has no effect

Discus and support Moving mouse off of a window has no effect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having this problem on two Windows 10 computers, so I'm not sure if it's "intended", but here goes. When I mouse over a window, I can hover and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaindil, May 17, 2016.

1. Vaindil Win User

Moving mouse off of a window has no effect

I'm having this problem on two Windows 10 computers, so I'm not sure if it's "intended", but here goes.

When I mouse over a window, I can hover and get the normal tooltip. If I move the mouse off of the window where a hover action extends all the way to the end of the window, Windows doesn't recognize that the mouse is now off of the window and will keep the tooltip open. This is very frustrating as I have to put my mouse back on the window and specifically move it off at a place that doesn't have a hover action.

The best example I have is the toolbar options in the top-right corner of any window (minimize, maximize, close). The X turns red when I hover, but if I move the mouse entirely out of the window when it was over the X it stays red because Windows still acts like it is hovering there.

Is there anything I can do to fix this so that Windows recognizes when my mouse isn't actually over a window anymore?

:)

Vaindil, May 17, 2016

2. Snap issue

I've purchased a new mouse which even though has the same DPI as my last mouse it triggers the window's snap to edge feature whenever I try to move a window between screens, I don't use the snap feature so I tried disabling it however it also disables the
    ability to drag maximized windows which is just as infuriating. I've also tried adjusting the settings in the registry to no effect.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DyllanRichardson, May 17, 2016
  3. BlueluPDX Win User
    Sound volume bar overlaps EVERYTHING -- how do I get rid of it?

I don't know if it sheds any light on the problem, but if I use the mouse or my finger on the touchscreen to move the volume bar down, it moves itself back to 100%. That has no effect on the lack of audio; the computer remains mute.

Also, further info is that there is no audio icon on the taskbar.

BlueluPDX, May 17, 2016
Thema:

Moving mouse off of a window has no effect

1. Moving mouse off of a window has no effect - Similar Threads - Moving mouse off

2. My worksheet has moved off of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My worksheet has moved off of the screen: & I cant move it back into view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-worksheet-has-moved-off-of-the-screen/4b4bb117-a848-4224-831d-f3dccbe7cf3f
  3. Set-MPPreference command has no effect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set-MPPreference command has no effect: I want to change some settings of Defender on a test Virtual Machine. Defender settings should be manageable via PowerShell. Every setting I try to change with the Set-MpPreference command has no effect. What am I missing here? Test VM is a clean Windows 10 install OS...
  4. Mouse rollover effect, Toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse rollover effect, Toolbar icons: Hi guys, Is there any way to get a Mouse rollover effect on the custom made toolbar icons ? like the windows start button but than for the icons so the icon changes to another one or just the color is also fine. submitted by /u/VeterinarianHumble74 [link] [comments]...
  5. Microphone level adjustment has no effect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone level adjustment has no effect: Hello all. My internal Realtek microphone is way too quiet, almost inaudible. I have the latest RealtekR Audio drivers. All output devices work fine. I have tried disabling and enabling the device. I have experimented with all of the settings available in the Properties of...
  6. The effect when the mouse hover the window in taskbar is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The effect when the mouse hover the window in taskbar is broken.: 1. The windows is cutting from left and is changing the position. 2. The hovered window has a transparent effect tho. No needed for the highlighted window. [ATTACH]...
  7. Moving mouse .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving mouse .: Moving mouse from one window to another automatically opens the other window without clicking on it. How do I stop this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mouse/3dbb97cb-9ab4-4921-8cf5-234a2e88ece5
  8. Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture): I am experiencing this strange glitch with my work station that is really driving me nuts. Basically after the PC has been running for a while (anywhere from 1 hour - 5 hours after boot), my mouse will start to glitch during hover events. This happens most commonly while...
  9. Mouse settings: Hide pointer while typing has no effect

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse settings: Hide pointer while typing has no effect: In Windows 10 there is this option called "Hide pointer while typing" under Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options [img] The idea behind this option makes really sense. However, it does not seem to have any effect on the following apps I tried. They all behave in...
  10. Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can turn on or off transparency effects for the Start, taskbar, and action center. This will also turn on or off the acryclic Fluent...