Windows 10: Moving MSA account to Azure AD

Discus and support Moving MSA account to Azure AD in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi all - my wife's small business uses Office365 and I'm about to upgrade their PCs to Win10. One of the expected benefits is that they'll be able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ewan, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ewan Win User

Moving MSA account to Azure AD

hi all - my wife's small business uses Office365 and I'm about to upgrade their PCs to Win10. One of the expected benefits is that they'll be able to login using their O365 credentials, whereas at the moment everyone has a MSA (blah.blah@outlook.com) to login in the PC, and then has cached their O365 creds within. The problem is that the password expires on O365 so they end up with 2 accounts, different names and different passwords.

So, I tried an experiment on her home PC, which is already on Win10, by joining to Azure AD (as per Logging into Windows 10 Pro using Office 365 credentials - Windows 10 Forums) and she can log in using her O365 account (yay!) however it's a new user profile, so none of her existing preferences, history, favorites etc have been carried across (boo).

So now we have a MSA with cached O365 creds that she's been using to date, and an O365 account with the MSA as a secondary (in the hope that it will at least sync between the two), however that doesn't seem optimal.

Can anyone suggest a way of migrating the old settings, cookies, preferences etc from the old MSA account profile to the new O365 one? I'd rather not have to manually hack about in registry, copying over hidden folders & files etc, if I could avoid it...

thanks!

:)

2. How to set window 10 home edition

AAD = Azure Active Directory. ie. an Azure Administrator account I believe.

As Lawrence has stated your MSA is your Microsoft Account ie. the account you use to sign into Windows 10 Insider.

Davy-Delliott, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Win 10 Sync settings option can't turn on

This happens when you have an office365 account added in windows. Remove it and you will be fine and log in with an MSA. Usually very little impact depending on how you use office 365. You have to sign up for Azure AD unless I am incorrect to use sync with
    an added office365 account if removing it defeats the purpose of using office365 accounts as sign in accounts.

I agree some answers in this forum are beyond idiotic

tinyvaldemar, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

Moving MSA account to Azure AD

1. Moving MSA account to Azure AD - Similar Threads - Moving MSA account

2. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  3. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  4. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD: Hi,Currently we have our on-premise AD syncing to our Azure AD. We want to remove our on-premise AD and move all of our users to Azure AD. Since every user is already synced to our Azure AD, can we shut down our on-premise AD and connect our computers to the Azure AD? Will...
  5. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD: Hi,Currently we have our on-premise AD syncing to our Azure AD. We want to remove our on-premise AD and move all of our users to Azure AD. Since every user is already synced to our Azure AD, can we shut down our on-premise AD and connect our computers to the Azure AD? Will...
  6. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. legacy Azure AD account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legacy Azure AD account: Hello Is there a way to resume a azure AD/ user login information,I have tried disable credential manager, seems work for a while but the credential box comes back. My question is, is the azure AD account unlockable thanks...
  8. legacy Azure AD account

legacy Azure AD account: Hello Is there a way to resume a azure AD/ user login information,I have tried disable credential manager, seems work for a while but the credential box comes back. My question is, is the azure AD account unlockable thanks...
  9. legacy Azure AD account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Azure AD Account Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure AD Account Locked: Hi everyone, We are using Azure AD DS. One of the user accounts got locked today wrong password attempts by the user. The password was reset from the Azure Portal. But it still says the account is locked when trying to login to Windows. Is there anyway to unlock the user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netplwiz azure ads school account ntuser.dat