Windows 10: Moving music folders to Windows Media Player

Discus and support Moving music folders to Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While downloading an Amazon music app to my computer, it moved the majority of my music library into the Document folders and I don't know how to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeMendoza2, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Moving music folders to Windows Media Player

While downloading an Amazon music app to my computer, it moved the majority of my music library into the Document folders and I don't know how to move my music back. Can anyone please help me as I use my computer primarily to store my music. Thanks for your help and guidance.

:)

MikeMendoza2, Aug 15, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

media player 'groove music'

Just a slight correction :
    Windows Media Player is listed in All apps > under alphabet W but not under Windows Accessories.

Moving music folders to Windows Media Player [​IMG]

davidhk, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Windows Media Player.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Windows Media Player’ settings from the steps below.

1. Open the ‘Windows Media Player’, in the player ‘Library’, click on ‘Organize’.
    2. Select ‘Options’, this will open the ‘Options’ window for the ‘Windows Media Player’.
    3. Click on the ‘Library’ tab, please confirm if the ‘Retrieve additional information from the Internet’ is checked, check the options ‘Rename music files using rip music settings’ and ‘Rearrange music in rip
      music folder, using rip music settings’ under ‘Automatic media information updates for files’. Click on ‘Apply’.
    4. Click on the ‘Player’ tab and check the option ‘Connect to the Internet’. Click on apply.
    5. Restart the ‘Windows Media Player’ and check if it works out for you.
    Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 15, 2019
  4. PJLLB Win User

Moving music folders to Windows Media Player

media player 'groove music'

Not on my PC, which is a clean Windows 10 install. It is in the Windows Accessories folder as I indicated. Doing a search for "Windows Media Player" should also allow launching it.

PJLLB, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Moving music folders to Windows Media Player

1. Moving music folders to Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Moving music folders

2. how to move hi-res music from downloads folder to Windows Media player library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move hi-res music from downloads folder to Windows Media player library: how do I move hi res music from the downloads folder to the Windows Media player library?I don't know why I couldn't download this music from the Audiophile Society to my phone, I did once with free music but not this time with paid music. So I had to download it to my laptop...
  3. how to move hi-res music from downloads folder to Windows Media player library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move hi-res music from downloads folder to Windows Media player library: how do I move hi res music from the downloads folder to the Windows Media player library?I don't know why I couldn't download this music from the Audiophile Society to my phone, I did once with free music but not this time with paid music. So I had to download it to my laptop...
  4. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player: I Moved Music Folder from Win7 PC to Win 10 -- I can see the folder and files, but the songs aren't accessible or seen in Windows Media Player ... Plz help!...
  5. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player: I Moved Music Folder from Win7 PC to Win 10 -- I can see the folder and files, but the songs aren't accessible or seen in Windows Media Player ... Plz help!...
  6. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Media Player Sample music.

Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  8. Media Player not seeing Added Folders of music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player not seeing Added Folders of music: I add the folder as per screen shot Yet I still get this second screen shot - even after restarting Media Player. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-not-seeing-added-folders-of-music/06bdd1f1-3ab5-4ce7-86a9-ed9bf80d323f
  9. Media Player not seeing Added Folders of music

Media Player not seeing Added Folders of music: I add the folder as per screen shot Yet I still get this second screen shot - even after restarting Media Player. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-not-seeing-added-folders-of-music/06bdd1f1-3ab5-4ce7-86a9-ed9bf80d323f
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media player is moving music folders?

2. moving music to windows media player