Windows 10: moving my son off my computer on to his own

Discus and support moving my son off my computer on to his own in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son just received his own computer. I have connected everything for his account to the new computer. I am trying to remove his account from my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BrettFriedman, Dec 25, 2020.

1. moving my son off my computer on to his own

My son just received his own computer. I have connected everything for his account to the new computer. I am trying to remove his account from my computer as he will no longer be using this computer. Is there a way to do that without removing him from my family account?

:)

BrettFriedman, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 25, 2020
  3. JATownes Win User
    A rig for my son.

I am sorry to hear that. I just cracked open a good night beer in your honor.

MY son just had to go to bed. (school tomorrow) and I am crashing too. So keep the suggestions coming. (He is looking forward to seeing all the suggestions tomorrow).

Thanks for making him feel welcome here guys.

*Toast :toast:

JATownes, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

moving my son off my computer on to his own

Son setting the clock back to overcome screen time restrictions

Hello,

It appears that you're having issues regarding the Screentime option of your Parental Control feature. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Do you have a different child account on your computer that has the same problem?
    • Have you tried recreating your son's child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Ramon Imp, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

moving my son off my computer on to his own

1. moving my son off my computer on to his own - Similar Threads - moving son off

2. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  3. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  4. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  6. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  7. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

8. My son cannot log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  9. My son cannot log into his PC.

My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  10. stop my son receiving his own activity reports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stop my son receiving his own activity reports: We are part of Microsoft family who sends me weekly emails of my kids activity in the xbox and windows 10. One of my kids receives his own activity reports and it is clogging his email and he doesn't need to received those. My other kid doesn't receive them. How can I stop...