Windows 10: Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there...

Discus and support Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As stated, I got a new pc and want to put an old ssd on it. I already have the same files on a different ssd, so there’s no need to keep them. I can’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/themuttonman21, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there...

As stated, I got a new pc and want to put an old ssd on it. I already have the same files on a different ssd, so there’s no need to keep them. I can’t find any methods of factory resetting the ssd, so my plan was to just delete everything, but a lot of the drivers seem important and I’m hesitant to remove them. Would it be safe to just put it in the new computer as is, or are there certain drivers that I’ll absolutely have to remove first?

submitted by /u/themuttonman21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/themuttonman21, Aug 13, 2020

2. I am wanting to know how to move pictures from the Windows photo file to my computer photo file.

Hi Trisha,

• When you say, "Windows photo file" are you referring to Windows photo app?
    • When you say, "computer photo file" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to move?
    I suggest you to copy and paste the pictures and check if this helps.

• Open the picture which you want to move, right click on it and select copy.
    • Go to the location where you want to move, right click and paste it.
    Write us back with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Error 0x8007045D, I/O error preventing copy-pasting files

HI,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are facing. Since the SFC scan and chkdsk command have already been checked, there is a possibility that this can be caused by the presence of corrupted files in your system or recent updates. For
    us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below;

• When you attempted to move a file, you mentioned that if you move the file it works. Is this by utilizing the drag and drop option using your mouse?
    • For copying and pasting text, is this working on all the different programs and also renaming files?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run your computer in a clean boot by following the steps available in this article:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . This will help in isolating any software conflicts.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 13, 2020
  4. JATownes Win User

Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there...

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there...

1. Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there... - Similar Threads - Moving ssd different

2. moved files to new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moved files to new ssd: after moving files to a new ssd, when i try to open the files, they are there but it says i don't have permission to open them, i am the administrator on the computer...
  3. moved files to new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moved files to new ssd: after moving files to a new ssd, when i try to open the files, they are there but it says i don't have permission to open them, i am the administrator on the computer...
  4. moved files to new ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SSD failed, recovered files - need to move from WindowsApps on SSD to new computer HDD.

SSD failed, recovered files - need to move from WindowsApps on SSD to new computer HDD.: My computer hard disk failed. I am trying to recover files from that drive. I need to move a file from WindowsApps on that drive to a new drive on my new laptop. I am running into problems with permissions even though I have taken possession of the container... it still says...
  6. Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd: I need to move the operating system from my hdd to my ssd but I don’t want to move any of my games as my ssd is only 500 gigs, so only windows 10 but I have no idea how to do it if anyone has an idea or has done it before than plz help me, my ssd is sata and already has some...
  7. Moving SSD to new computer.

Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  8. NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.

NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.: Hello there! I am stuck in a bit of tangle here, I did a mistake of changing my Drive Letters i.e. say from 'E' to "A", I dont remember exactly but now I am facing severe problem of unable to access my video file or even move or copy it to some other location or even...
  9. Files keep transferring over different computers

Files keep transferring over different computers: I recently got a new laptop and I set it up and everything. After I got done setting it up, I had a lot of desktop icons from my old pc. So I deleted my icons and they also dissapeared from my older pc. When I add them back to old pc they pop up on my laptop. How do I disable...
  10. Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD: Simple question, really. New build. Here's the issue, there's the boot drive, C, just an SSD. And the actually hard drive I was supposed to use for everything, E. Well without realizing it, everything was getting saved to C. Which is a whopping 120gb. And not to E which is 2...