Windows 10: Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10

Discus and support Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently moved a file to another folder which already contained a file of the same name. I expected to be given the option of renaming the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KT04 XAB, Jul 26, 2019.

1. KT04 XAB Win User

Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10

I recently moved a file to another folder which already contained a file of the same name. I expected to be given the option of renaming the file being moved or cancelling the move. Instead, the file was moved in to the folder and the 'old' file was replaced. How can I change the setting, please?

Thank up.

:)

KT04 XAB, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving replacing files

2. [Windows 10] File Moving Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Windows 10] File Moving Privileges: How on earth do I fix this:when I AM an administrator already???I was trying to reset an SQL root pw following this thread: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: B.3.3.2 How to Reset the Root Passwordwhich led [not only nowhere, but] to me, the only administrator on the...
  3. windows moving files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows moving files: Hello, my pc has been moving files on its own, i was playing beamng drive and i noticed one of my mods were gone. So, i looked in downloads and it was there. This has been happening to quite a bit of my school work and it is kind of frustrating me. Windows is working fine...
  4. Windows: How does the replace work when moving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows: How does the replace work when moving files: Hello, When moving files with the same name, date, and size into the same location and the option to replace is selected how does windows replace the current file with the new one? Does it delete the current file saved in the folder then start to move the replacement...
  5. Snipping tool is moving or being replaced?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool is moving or being replaced?: So snipping tool is "moving" but i want to know if that means to Microsoft Store (like paint) or is being replaced by Snip And Sketch cause i dont want to say bye bye to snipping tool and i would like it to at least live on in Microsoft Store...
  6. Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine: My current laptop is developing hardware problems. I have another laptop that is identical for all intents and purposes. I want to move the hard drive from my current machine to the replacement. Will the activation move to the replacement? Thanks, Bob...
  7. WINDOWS 10 REPLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 REPLACEMENT: Hello, I have 2 copies of Win10 on a flash drive, I'm having problems with the version on my desktop and would like to remove the version on my desktop and replace it with one of the versions I have on the flash drive, is there a way to do this?...
  8. Windows 10 replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 replacement: Hello - I installed Windows 10 during the free period. All was fine until the update from v1709 to 1803. 1803 would not install. Since then, I have tried every (legitimate) available fix that I can find; I've even had a Microsoft tech try to solve the problem via remote...
  9. Move all windows environment to replacement device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move all windows environment to replacement device: Hi, I'm about to turn in my Surface Pro 4 which suffers from the infamous flickerGate issue. From what I understand, a refurbished device will be given to be as replacement. I am not sure of what to do in order to maintain my programs, files and preferences on the "new"...
  10. Moving windows files

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving windows files: Hello , i have 2 partitions , C and D , C has 420GB , and D has 24.9 GB , windows folder size is 15GB , its located in C Drive , Can i change its Location to D ? so that if i want to make things like restore or whatever , Data on D get Deleted , and C stay same , is that...