Windows 10: Moving of OS from one laptop to another

Discus and support Moving of OS from one laptop to another in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is almost dead. It has Windows 10 OS. I have another laptop, which is in decent condition. How do I move Windows license from broken laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pka, Aug 4, 2020.

1. PKA
    Pka Win User

Moving of OS from one laptop to another

My laptop is almost dead. It has Windows 10 OS.

I have another laptop, which is in decent condition.

How do I move Windows license from broken laptop to a new laptop?

:)

2. Move OS from one drive to another

I have elementary OS(based on Ubuntu 14.04) installed on my Laptop. I wish to install Windows 10 on my laptop's primary hard disk. I have another external hard disk which I want to use for elementary OS.

I don't wish to loose any data. How would I move Elementary OS on that external hard disk. I still want to make that external drive bootable.

So I can boot from that hard drive when ever I wish to use Elementary OS and Windows

Abhimanyu Aryan, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Moving files from one folder to another

Hi Denise,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

If you move same files from one folder to another you get the following options:

• Replace the file in the destination.
    • Skip this file.
    • Compare info for both files.
    Ideally, if you choose any of the above options the action is taken for all of the selected files. Let us know if you are unable to use any of the above options and provide us more information on the errors (if any) that you get.

Hope this information is helpful.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Moving of OS from one laptop to another

Unable to move photos from one album to another in Windows Photo Gallery

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you referring to Windows Live photo Gallery?
    • How are you trying to move photos from one album to another?
    • When you say, "unable to do " do you get any error message?
    To copy photos from one folder to another we have two different ways.

1. Open the folder > select the photos and right click on it > now click on
    copy

Open the album where you want to move it > right click here and click on
    paste.

2. Select all the photos > keep on pressing mouse left click on it > drag it from one album to another.

To cut and paste the photos follow the below steps.

Open the folder > select the photos and right click on it > now click on
    Cut

Open the album where you want to move it > right click here and click on paste.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Moving of OS from one laptop to another

1. Moving of OS from one laptop to another - Similar Threads - Moving laptop another

2. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  3. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  4. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  5. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  7. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  8. Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another: I have two laptops, both are Dell Inspiron model 5558 with identical hardware configurations. Both are Win 10 version 1903. Due to a hinge issue with the primary machine, I want to move the hard drive from the one with the damaged hinge to the one without the hinge problem....
  9. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  10. Moving harddrive from one laptop to another and can't activate

Moving harddrive from one laptop to another and can't activate: I have 2 laptops. Both with 10 pro on them and both activated. One is dying and has an ssd. the other is a spinning drive. I took the ssd out of the bad one (both HP's) and put it in the good one, but now windows is no longer activated. Error code is 0xC004F034. 107397