Windows 10: Moving Office icons to desktop AND creating Office Outlook 365

Discus and support Moving Office icons to desktop AND creating Office Outlook 365 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so it isn't smart to ask two questions at once however -- I am. My HD recently died and i replaced it with a new SSD. The tech put Win 10 on it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Employee13, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Moving Office icons to desktop AND creating Office Outlook 365

Ok so it isn't smart to ask two questions at once however -- I am.

My HD recently died and i replaced it with a new SSD. The tech put Win 10 on it, I was running Win 8.1 which I more or less understood.

This environment is so different, appears microsoft want to know everything the computer does. Not happy with that.

First question: I had a version of Office Suite on the old drive and was able to put it on the new drive. The icons show up in the apps listing. How can I put these icons on the desktop and the bottom bar? Office acts so different than it did, and looks different. I really don't like the changes as I'll have to take time to learn a new system.

Second question: The old drive had the necessary links (or whatever) so that I could go to my Outlook Office 365 account that my employer set up. Is there any way I can set this up on this new SSD without sending this back to my employer? I am in NY, they are in Ca. and I use this computer for both business and personal use. I am not full time, go in when requested but I still need the computer at home.

To get in '365' I would enter the business account id and then my password.

If they have an overall password for the company I do not know it, only the pw for my account.

any help out there would be appreciated.

:)

Employee13, Sep 29, 2019

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Sep 29, 2019
  3. office 365 vs office 2013

my Microsoft surface came with 1 month trial of ms office 365 , now it's expired.now I wanna know if I she subscribe to office 365 or uninstall it & install office 2013. what's the difference between both?

freebird_9924, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Moving Office icons to desktop AND creating Office Outlook 365

Office 365 Calendar - Invite People To Meeting

I have noticed that when I create a meeting in Office 365, and select the People I want to invite, it will display everyone that I have received an email from/to, whether or not they are in any of my address lists. This does not occur in my desktop version
    of Outlook 2016, only people in my address list will display. Is there a setting in Outlook 2016 that will show everyone like it does online?

***Moved from: Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2016***/

Tracy Loetz, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Moving Office icons to desktop AND creating Office Outlook 365

1. Moving Office icons to desktop AND creating Office Outlook 365 - Similar Threads - Moving Office icons

2. Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts: I've created a shortcut to the power button in my taskbar of Windows 11. The options for changing the icon are limited. Is there a way to use an icon from Office 365 instead? I can't see a way to download that icon and the choose as the icon for the shortcut.Many thanks,...
  3. Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts: I've created a shortcut to the power button in my taskbar of Windows 11. The options for changing the icon are limited. Is there a way to use an icon from Office 365 instead? I can't see a way to download that icon and the choose as the icon for the shortcut.Many thanks,...
  4. Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook Office 365: I can't get the visual basic editor to open in Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-office-365/8ccca054-a9e2-40f3-bf74-02a73c6d70a9
  5. "Live Outlook" in the 365 Office

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Live Outlook" in the 365 Office: My Office 365 took over my Outlook email with the Outlook Live format. Now I can't even get into my old email format. I hate it and want to go back to my 2013 version. Can I Uninstall the Outlook portion or do I have to Quit the whole Office 365 subscription?...
  6. Office 365 icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 icons: Hello there I am using Office 365 ProPlus because my school account,but I want to update icons. I tried to update Office 365 and when it's all complete, nothing changed. Before address Microsoft Community, I searched online about how to do it, even Microsoft Comunity....
  7. Outlook in Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook in Office 365: I updated my subscription for Office 365, all apps work fine except Outlook. I keep getting Outlook cannot logon. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft...
  8. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  9. How to move files for Outlook (Office 365)?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move files for Outlook (Office 365)?: Hi. I am trying to find alternativ to Windows Live Mail, and I have MS Office 365. In WLM I can move all emails and contacts to another destination I choose. How do I do the same for Outlook? I want offline emails and contacts to another drive so I don't overwrite them when...
  10. Microsoft Office 365 Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Office 365 Outlook: Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. After installing Office 365, I cannot find my "Contacts" in the Outlook address book. Looking for a solution. 31803

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you move office 365 icons to desk top?

2. how move 365 office icons to desktop