Windows 10: Moving One Drive over to a temporary Profile, after Windows 10 updates have corrupted my...

Discus and support Moving One Drive over to a temporary Profile, after Windows 10 updates have corrupted my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to repair my profile for the last few days, after having hit issues with what I think is KB4540673. After updating, I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Justin £££, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Moving One Drive over to a temporary Profile, after Windows 10 updates have corrupted my...

Hello,

I've been trying to repair my profile for the last few days, after having hit issues with what I think is KB4540673. After updating, I wasn't able to log in. I managed to remove the update, but tried again 2 weeks later, only to find I couldn't remove the update this time. I wasn't able to go back to previous build, even though it was only 1 day. I've tried the Regedit profile delete .bak option & resetting numbers to 0.

So I've created new admin profiles & have copied most files over. But what will happen with the One Drive folder? Will i have to unlink the One Drive folder, whilst I move things over & have renamed the profiles? And can i rename the profile to the original name, once I have removed the corrupted profile?

Many Thanks

:)

Justin £££, Mar 28, 2020

2. signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Mar 28, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Mar 28, 2020
  4. dgootee Win User

Moving One Drive over to a temporary Profile, after Windows 10 updates have corrupted my...

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Moving One Drive over to a temporary Profile, after Windows 10 updates have corrupted my...

1. Moving One Drive over to a temporary Profile, after Windows 10 updates have corrupted my... - Similar Threads - Moving Drive temporary

2. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  3. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  4. Temporary Profile after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile after Windows update: Windows ran an update to my PC today and when I logged in all my files were missing from the Documents folder. I was able to find them in the C Drive under users and the Documents folders seems to point to Temp. When trying to sync my account I got a message in Red that said...
  5. Temporary Windows Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary Windows Profile: When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new profile which I have subsequently realised is a temporary one. This means I have no admin rights and cannot save anything. I can...
  6. Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account

Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account: As a result of the update, the login sequence is failing; Windows error message is that we cannot sign into your account; as a result the temporary account in use means that all application settings are also lost and the machine wants to reconfigure every installed desktop...
  7. Temporary profile following Windows 10 update

Temporary profile following Windows 10 update: Following a recent Window 10 update I was informed that there had been a problem and that I was now using a temporary profile. With each successive update I lose everything - files, desktop, Outlook, Taskbar etc and I'm back to square one. Annoying and time consuming trying...
  8. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  9. Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903

Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903: So yesterday, I decided to finally update my Windows 10. It was been recommended by the laptop for a few days now, so I decided to do it. After a pretty lengthy amount of time has passed, it was finished. I let it load and boom! Popped up a message saying "unable to load...
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...