Windows 10: Moving OneDrive Files

Discus and support Moving OneDrive Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several games that continually backup themselves on to my OneDrive despite my attempts to move and delete them. I don't want them on my OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Malcolm77, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Malcolm77 Win User

Moving OneDrive Files

I have several games that continually backup themselves on to my OneDrive despite my attempts to move and delete them. I don't want them on my OneDrive because they take up so much space, how do I keep them from saving themselves onto my OneDrive?

:)

Malcolm77, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 11, 2019
  3. moving data to onedrive

Hi Simon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to move all the files automatically to OneDrive.

Kindly let us know with the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to move the files to OneDrive?
    • From which location on your device are you trying to move the files to OneDrive?

Please get back to us with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Moving OneDrive Files

Onedrive move folder to document

Hi Rendell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to move the folder?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if that helps.

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder

You can refer to the following work around. This will help you to choose the folders to sync on Onedrive.

• Right click on OneDrive icon of
      System Tray

• Click on Settings, then click on
      choose folders
      tab.

• Click on choose folders option, then click on sync only these folders.

Hope the information helps. Please reply back with a status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Moving OneDrive Files

1. Moving OneDrive Files - Similar Threads - Moving OneDrive Files

2. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Onedrive Files to PC: I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC...
  3. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Onedrive Files to PC: I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC...
  4. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  6. OneDrive is always moving files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is always moving files!: Why cant I control what One Drive is constantly sending back and forth in download or uploads. I try to pause, I "stop" it, and done everything but force remove the application. As soon as I boot my desktop it starts syncing I suppose. I can never get access to my files...
  7. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  8. Moving desktop files to onedrive

Moving desktop files to onedrive: I moved an entire file folder from desktop to OneDrive, and now I can't find it. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-desktop-files-to-onedrive/466b9a61-09fe-40b8-b923-4367ff16e2cb
  9. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...
  10. Onedrive moving my files

Onedrive moving my files: I'm new to window and having trouble with onedrive. I've looked at the settings for Onedrive and can't figure out how to arrange what I want: Store my files locally Have Onedrive copy and back up my local files without interfering with...