Windows 10: Moving OneDrive to new folder

Discus and support Moving OneDrive to new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story, but I had placed my onedrive folder inside a different online backup folder (I don't know don't ask me why lol). Anyway now I need to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobbyK, Apr 16, 2016.

1. RobbyK Win User

Moving OneDrive to new folder

Long story, but I had placed my onedrive folder inside a different online backup folder (I don't know don't ask me why lol). Anyway now I need to move the OneDrive folder back to the main C: drive folder, but I can't figure out how to stop syncing long enough to move.

I've tried to create a new folder, but it still wants to sync the old folder and since the folder is open in the sync, I can not move, close, delete, or create a new one. I searched google and it said "right-click the folder (in the left hand folder tree) and choose [settings]", however when right-clicking there is no settings link available.

I tried gpedit.msc, and the link required is not there either. So does anyone have any ideas.

:)

RobbyK, Apr 16, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Downloads and OneDrive Location

Hi Curt,

To move a library folder like your Downloads Folder:

In Windows File Explorer, create the new folder, you intend to use for Downloads

Then, click Quick Access in the Left Pane

In the right hand pane, right click the Downloads Folder

Choose Properties

In the resulting dialog, click on the Location Tab

On the location page, click 'Move' and navigate to the new folder you created

When asked if you want to merge files, choose Yes

Imgur

To move the OneDrive Folder:

In the left Pane choose This PC

In the Right hand pane, click the OneDrive Folder

On the Home Ribbon, in the Organise Section, click 'Move to'

Choose the location to move OneDrive to . . .

DaveM121, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Moving OneDrive files from a System folder/online accessibility

Hi Steven,

If you move the OneDrive folder to a new location, it inherits the folder permissions of the parent folder (or drive if the OneDrive folder is placed at the root directory). You'll need to update the Windows user permissions to the new OneDrive folder that
    used to exist on the old folder, else that folder will be viewable by everyone who uses the machine. In order to sort out the concern, kindly follow the steps provided by
    stanimal21 on this
    link

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

Moving OneDrive to new folder

1. Moving OneDrive to new folder - Similar Threads - Moving OneDrive folder

2. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  3. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  4. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  5. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  6. Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders: I wanted to know why, on more than one of my client accounts, The profile folder under "Users"... The "Desktop" and "Pictures" folder are actually moved to the Onedrive cloud location. I would like to know how this is happening as it is causing issues within my networks....
  7. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  8. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  9. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...
  10. Moving OneDrive folders and files to new PO

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OneDrive folders and files to new PO: Hi - I have a laptop with about 68GB of OneDrive sync'd data. I now have a new laptop which I am setting up and it will replace my old laptop. I've done some online research on this but not found an answer I trust. What is the best way to do migrate all my data to...