Windows 10: Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD

Discus and support Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, i purchased a 120gb in hopes of migrating windows 10 on to it and booting windows faster, unfortunately, all tutorials i find, require me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jean Vacadero, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD

Hi there, i purchased a 120gb in hopes of migrating windows 10 on to it and booting windows faster, unfortunately, all tutorials i find, require me to use 3rd party apps which all require me to have a 1tb ssd to make the move.

So my question is, Can i move my copy of Windows 10 onto a smaller SSD, keep my key and use it for my second hard drive, without needing to move everything from my 1TB hard drive onto the 120 GB ssd, and how would i do that?

:)

Jean Vacadero, Mar 27, 2019

2. Replacing 120GB SSD with 1 TB HDD

When I first built my PC, my 120GB SSD C: drive was plenty big enough since I had a 1TB HDD D: drive. Now though I am hitting the limit of my SSD and I want to migrate to a new 1 TB HDD. I cloned and swapped and it booted, but Windows is still only seeing
    120GB of my new 1TB drive. How do I fix this?

BruceKrafft, Mar 27, 2019
  3. JayRohwer Win User
    [Win10] How to properly migrate data from 128mb SSD -> 1TB Hard Drive.

Helllo! I recently got a nice new computer that combines a 128GB SSD drive and a 1TB Hard Drive. I only left the Windows OS and other systems on the SSD, as it has not that much space, and I'm presently migrating some games I accidentally installed on it.

I'm hoping to move my "Users" folder (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc) into the 1TB Hard Drive, as they will eventually take up a lot of space, and the SSD has nowhere near enough space to deal with that. Could I move these over to the 1TB with no issues,
    or are there any other ways to send those files to the 1TB?

Thanks!

JayRohwer, Mar 27, 2019
  4. davnav Win User

Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD

1. Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD - Similar Threads - Moving 1tb hard

2. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  3. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  4. Can I extend my SSD storage by combining it with an external 1TB hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I extend my SSD storage by combining it with an external 1TB hard drive?: My internal SSD has only about 1 GB left on it, and I recently bought a 1 TB external hard drive. I'm wondering if I can add on the external hard drive storage to the SSD storage, or if I can make the external drive the main drive without making my BIOS shit itself....
  5. Windows move from hard drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows move from hard drive to SSD: Hi, I just recently bought a computer preowned and it has a hard drive and an SSD. When I turned the computer on and set up windows I realised that windows was installed on the hard drive and not on the SSD. Is there anyway to move windows to my SSD? I don't have anything...
  6. Having trouble moving windows from a 1 tb ssd to a 120gb ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble moving windows from a 1 tb ssd to a 120gb ssd: As the title states my problem is very simple however I have been having a nightmare of a time trying to do this. I tried multiple different avenues but settled on reinstalling windows from a flash drive since that was one of the only methods I could get to work. While doing...
  7. `SSD C:drive 120GB and Local hard drive D: 2TB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    `SSD C:drive 120GB and Local hard drive D: 2TB: MY start up SSD drive keeps filling up and stops everything working due to 'LOW SPACE' How can I make the C drive just for windows start up & updates and everything else automatically go to my D drive. ? I have done everything that Win 10 suggest but cant stop it all jamming...
  8. Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD: Hi, I have genuine Windows 10 Home version which is currently installed on my Hard Disk Drive. Now I want to upgrade my Hard Disk Drive with SSD. I heard that if I set up my SSD and remove the HDD then I will lost my windows 10 version. Is that right? if yes, is there any...
  9. Moving windows 10 from mech hard drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 from mech hard drive to SSD: My old hard drive is on its last legs so i got a new SSD. Can i install windows 10 and activate it with the same licence that is on my old mechanical one. Or do I have to purchase a new key? Also I dont have my old activation key Thanks in advance...
  10. My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb: I am using linux in my pc and i want to change my os to windows 10. I tried to install windows 10 through legacy which already consists linux & I installed successfully.BUT AFTER INSTALLATION MY STORAGE DRIVES ONLY SHOWING ONLY 500GB REMAINING STORAGE DISAPPEARED. And its not...