Windows 10: Moving or deleting files

Discus and support Moving or deleting files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello While trying to move or remove certain files, I'm getting this warning: "If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NaftaliHas, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Moving or deleting files

Hello

While trying to move or remove certain files, I'm getting this warning:

"If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly."

I DO KNOW you have responded to a very similar q. already, but, in this case, those files were copied from an old-long-ago-ruined-disk, together with other files, all in the same directory.

There are those 2 files left (both named folder.xml, that trying to delete OR EVEN TRYING TO MOVE THEM TO ANOTHER DIRECTORY gives me that warning.

Can I get rid of them, and moreover, what exactly is that xml type of file function?

Thanks a lot

Naftali

:)

NaftaliHas, Aug 28, 2019

2. Deleting a file

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, let us know few things to analyze the issue with deleting files in your computer.

• Are you receiving any error messages when deleting or moving the files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot of the issue?
    Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Moving or deleting files

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Moving or deleting files

1. Moving or deleting files - Similar Threads - Moving deleting files

2. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete or move files: Hello, I've been facing this problem for some time now. Whenever I try to delete a file from my desktop, I get an error saying, "You require permission from DESKTOP-KMS727/Knightmare." Even though I am the admin, it has been very annoying. I've tried many things, but I think...
  3. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete or move files: Hello, I've been facing this problem for some time now. Whenever I try to delete a file from my desktop, I get an error saying, "You require permission from DESKTOP-KMS727/Knightmare." Even though I am the admin, it has been very annoying. I've tried many things, but I think...
  4. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. deleting/no moving/no running unwanted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting/no moving/no running unwanted files: I have Win 10 Pro and I would like to run unwanted files. I cannot transfer from my USB key. I am getting the error 0x800700E1. My protection is turned off and I dont have any Antivirus software, I turned off Microsoft Defender Antivirus, Windows defender, Firefall. Thank you...
  6. Permissions to move/delete files

Permissions to move/delete files: I am logged in as administrator on my computer, but when I need to move or delete folders/files it says I need administrator permission and does nothing. Also two other messages when I try to do something with a file/folder: 1 the item is no longer located in C: 2 the item is...
  7. Problem with moving/deleting files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with moving/deleting files.: Hi guys, I've noticed that I have a problem with moving/deleting files and creating folder, the update speed it's not instantly. Let say I try to move one file from one location to another new location, I'll have to click the refresh icon of the file explorer, only then the...
  8. Network Files - Deleted or Moved?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Files - Deleted or Moved?: Hello, I was recently copying files from a shared drive on my companies network to the desktop. I was using copy/paste. In the process my computer froze and I had other errors... and I think I may have accidentally did cut/paste instead. The files did make it to the desktop...
  9. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  10. can not delete, move or open file

in Windows 10 Support
    can not delete, move or open file: I have windows 10. I have word 1026 file that when I try to open it wont open, I just get the "word not responding" message and have to restart the computer to get out of it. I can not delete the file or move it. My back up script gives me an error message that it out the...