Windows 10: Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

Discus and support Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raiku_, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Raiku_ Win User

Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I install it, or will it automatically go to the disk it was already installed on?

:)

Raiku_, Jul 4, 2022

2. move windows os from ssd to hdd

How to move windows os from ssd to hdd.

harshdave1, Jul 4, 2022
  3. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Ok so in a nutshell,

1. Plug in SSD, mount it and move the Media Creation Tool onto that.

2. Restart, open BIOS and move the SSD to the first slot in Boot Order

3. Close BIOS, let computer restart and do a fresh install onto the SSD

So that installs the OS onto the SSD, after that, am I fine to reformat the HDD and delete the OS software on it?

DanielJohnson9, Jul 4, 2022
  4. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

Is it possible to move the OS from SSD to HDD ?

hi

i'm thinking of adding an ssd to my computer but i don't want to format the OS since it's tiring to re-add my emails and other stuff, so i wanted to know is it possible to move the OS from SSD to HDD without reinstalling the window?

Abdulrehman Amjad, Jul 4, 2022
Thema:

Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

1. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD - Similar Threads - Moving onto SSD

2. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD: I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I install it, or will it automatically go to the disk it was already installed on?...
  3. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD: I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I install it, or will it automatically go to the disk it was already installed on?...
  4. Move my OS from HDD to SSD

Move my OS from HDD to SSD: If I move my OS to my SSD from my HDD, whether I decide to clone the hard drive or do a clean Reinstall, will it still recognize my desktop? like will all of my applications still be installed and will all of my games be installed along with all of my save files and/or memory...
  5. Moving OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OS from HDD to SSD: I want to change my laptop from HDD to SSD, but how about my windows and the license? can i move it using a tool to copy it and paste to the SSD? im the second owner of this laptop....
  6. How to move OS from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move OS from HDD to SSD?: Im going to be getting another ssd soon to put windows on and a few games. Is there a way to move windows from my hard drive to this ssd? submitted by /u/RBM2123456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic3iap/how_to_move_os_from_hdd_to_ssd/
  7. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  8. Moving Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD?

Moving Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD?: Hi, so I bought a 250GB SSD so that I can transfer my windows OS and some other files from my 2TB HDD so that things could move much more smoother and faster? Is there any way I can do this? submitted by /u/KongOG789243 [link] [comments]...
  9. Move my os from a HDD into a SSD

Move my os from a HDD into a SSD: Greetings. What's the best FREE tool/method to simply move the os from a 1tb HDD into a 120gb SSD? I don't need to save personal files or anything since the HDD will remain as a secondary drive. But almost every single guide I found is suggesting using a paid software (like...
  10. move windows os from ssd to hdd

move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21