Windows 10: Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

Discus and support Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Is there any way to move/clone the OS to a new SSD while keeping the programs on the HDD (and being able to still keep the previous location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SEWsam, Jan 7, 2019.

1. SEWsam Win User

Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

Hello,

Is there any way to move/clone the OS to a new SSD while keeping the programs on the HDD (and being able to still keep the previous location association with shortcuts) (example: Shortcut on desktop: Location: (HDD) C:\Users\Sam\Desktop

Name: Steam

Target: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steam.exe

--> Moved to SSD: Location (SSD, as boot drive): D:\Users\Sam\Desktop

Name: Steam

Target: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steam.exe <--- Target stays the same)

Is this possible?

:)

SEWsam, Jan 7, 2019

2. move windows os from ssd to hdd

How to move windows os from ssd to hdd.

harshdave1, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Is it possible to move the OS from SSD to HDD ?

hi

i'm thinking of adding an ssd to my computer but i don't want to format the OS since it's tiring to re-add my emails and other stuff, so i wanted to know is it possible to move the OS from SSD to HDD without reinstalling the window?

Abdulrehman Amjad, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

How to move program file on ssd to hdd

Can anyone please explain in detail if it is possible to make my program files running in OS on SSD to HDD.

MustaqeemQuadry, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

1. Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD - Similar Threads - Moving SSD keep

2. Move my OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move my OS from HDD to SSD: If I move my OS to my SSD from my HDD, whether I decide to clone the hard drive or do a clean Reinstall, will it still recognize my desktop? like will all of my applications still be installed and will all of my games be installed along with all of my save files and/or memory...
  3. Moving OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OS from HDD to SSD: I want to change my laptop from HDD to SSD, but how about my windows and the license? can i move it using a tool to copy it and paste to the SSD? im the second owner of this laptop....
  4. Moving OS, Files and Programs to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS, Files and Programs to new SSD: Quick question, I'm on Win 10 home, build 2004. I've got an M.2 SATA III SSD that I'm getting rid of and upgrading to an M.2 NVMe SSD. Fortunately I have two M.2 slots on the motherboard, so I can use a migration tool. But I will be removing the old one and swapping the new...
  5. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  6. Moving OS to new SSD

Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  7. Move my os from a HDD into a SSD

Move my os from a HDD into a SSD: Greetings. What's the best FREE tool/method to simply move the os from a 1tb HDD into a 120gb SSD? I don't need to save personal files or anything since the HDD will remain as a secondary drive. But almost every single guide I found is suggesting using a paid software (like...
  8. New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS: I purchased a Samsung SSD 500gb and I am trying to make it where my OS and all of my programs boot from the SSD, and all of my standard files are saved on my regular hard drive. The problem is, I currently have two hard drives installed due to a computer change (I pulled the...
  9. move windows os from ssd to hdd

move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21
  10. WD Black HDD - Want to move OS to new SSD

WD Black HDD - Want to move OS to new SSD: I have a 1 TB WD Black (1003FZEX) in a Dell XPS-8700 (Not Special Edition). Only 50% of HDD is full and that's all I plan to keep it. I want to buy a new SSD and put my OS on it for faster starts, etc. I back up every day (Full / Verify) using Macrium (Paid). What...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i move only windows settings from hdd to sdd. keep applications on hdd.

2. how to have hdd program files show up on sdd drive

3. new sdd and programmes

4. why all my programms are in ssd and not in hdd 2019,
  5. how shortcuts ssd to programs on hdd,
  6. keeping program files on ssd and others on hdd,
  7. how move os to ssd and keep data on hdd