Windows 10: Moving OS

Discus and support Moving OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do i move operating system to ssd without losing data and all other programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UshvirRattan, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Moving OS

How do i move operating system to ssd without losing data and all other programs

:)

UshvirRattan, Jan 20, 2021
  2. DavidY Win User

Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

In your shoes I would
    1. Take a backup of the OS drive with Macrium Reflect, as suggested
    2. Download the ISO and do an Upgrade install (step 7 in this tutorial)
    Macrium gives you a way back if the upgrade doesn't work, and I also think that doing an Upgrade install is probably likely to be your quickest route to being activated on Windows 10 by the deadline.

Once activated, you can consider doing a clean install later but without the time pressure.

DavidY, Jan 20, 2021
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Moving OS

how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Moving OS

1. Moving OS - Similar Threads - Moving

2. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse: My Windows 10 LGgram laptop is connected by HDMI to an Dell S2721 external monitor with only the external monitor display on. The external monitor screen will go blank in various situations using Word document, doing internet searches etc. and the screen will reappear when I...
  3. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse: My Windows 10 LGgram laptop is connected by HDMI to an Dell S2721 external monitor with only the external monitor display on. The external monitor screen will go blank in various situations using Word document, doing internet searches etc. and the screen will reappear when I...
  4. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which options do i have on moving all the files from an older SSD to a newer one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which options do i have on moving all the files from an older SSD to a newer one: Hi,I've just bought a new SSD with 1 Tb. On my PC a Dell vostro 3681 I have currently a 256 Gb SSD. The issue is that I don't have another M2 NVMe port so I can just clone everything into the newer SSD. So I've had an idea: clone everything into OneDrive including the OS...
  6. Which options do i have on moving all the files from an older SSD to a newer one

Which options do i have on moving all the files from an older SSD to a newer one: Hi,I've just bought a new SSD with 1 Tb. On my PC a Dell vostro 3681 I have currently a 256 Gb SSD. The issue is that I don't have another M2 NVMe port so I can just clone everything into the newer SSD. So I've had an idea: clone everything into OneDrive including the OS...
  7. Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!: Windows 11 SUCKS!!! Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-they-remove-the-option-to-move-the-taskbar/7c9371cd-36ef-4715-a9c9-562bd155bcb1
  8. Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!

Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!: Windows 11 SUCKS!!! Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-they-remove-the-option-to-move-the-taskbar/7c9371cd-36ef-4715-a9c9-562bd155bcb1
  9. I have a windows 11 laptop intel core i5 and whenever I move my mouse it makes a small...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows 11 laptop intel core i5 and whenever I move my mouse it makes a small...: Windows 11 intel core i5 laptop suddenly stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-11-laptop-intel-core-i5-and/c6b9a71e-7209-41f9-a241-461f515d7688
  10. I have a windows 11 laptop intel core i5 and whenever I move my mouse it makes a small...

I have a windows 11 laptop intel core i5 and whenever I move my mouse it makes a small...: Windows 11 intel core i5 laptop suddenly stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-11-laptop-intel-core-i5-and/c6b9a71e-7209-41f9-a241-461f515d7688