Windows 10: Moving out of Dev Channel (without reinstalling)

Discus and support Moving out of Dev Channel (without reinstalling) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone! So, I have my Surface Go on the Dev Channel (currently build 20175). I want to move it back to the stable version (so opting out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xtremis, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Moving out of Dev Channel (without reinstalling)

Hey everyone!

So, I have my Surface Go on the Dev Channel (currently build 20175).

I want to move it back to the stable version (so opting out of Insiders), or at least move it to Beta or Release Preview).

I know that I can "clean install" it with an ISO for 20H2 (now that the final version is out), but is there any way to move from Dev into Beta or Release Preview? For example, waiting for the Beta or Release Preview build numbers to "catch up" with 20175? Would that work, or is it move forward or reinstall for me?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/xtremis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xtremis, Oct 25, 2020

2. Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel

Hello Windows 10X Was Released on Dev Channel Please to RTM ?

CosminKilba, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel

Hi Cosmin,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Windows 10X Insider builds haven't released to public yet. There are speculations that it would be soon.

However, Windows 10 builds have moved to rs_prerelease branch recently in the Dev channel.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 25, 2020
  4. Moving out of Dev Channel (without reinstalling)

Windows 10 Dev Channel

I had just changed from the Windows 10 Beta to Windows 10 Dev Channel. When my computer updated it said Non-System Strike Key Error. And now it always says it when it boots . Can somebody please help.

ChristianBordin, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Moving out of Dev Channel (without reinstalling)

1. Moving out of Dev Channel (without reinstalling) - Similar Threads - Moving Dev Channel

2. Leaving Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Dev Channel: Does anyone know when the next build will be so that we can leave the Dev Channel? I don't want to clean install and I'd like to get back to Stable or at least Beta at some point. I know I chose this and I'm willing to wait. Thank you!...
  3. Leaving Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving Dev Channel: Does anyone know when the next build will be so that we can leave the Dev Channel? I don't want to clean install and I'd like to get back to Stable or at least Beta at some point. I know I chose this and I'm willing to wait. Thank you!...
  4. Leaving windows insider dev channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving windows insider dev channel: Hello,I want to leave the windows 11 insider dev channel. The only way to do this is to reinstall windows 11, which will wipe all my files and software. I don't mind doing that, but the thing is I have dual-booted my laptop with Debian Linux and was wondering if this process...
  5. Leaving windows insider dev channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving windows insider dev channel: Hello,I want to leave the windows 11 insider dev channel. The only way to do this is to reinstall windows 11, which will wipe all my files and software. I don't mind doing that, but the thing is I have dual-booted my laptop with Debian Linux and was wondering if this process...
  6. About Windows Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Windows Dev Channel: So I have noticed that the Dev Channel is more riskier than the Preview Program. People have been mentioning that it is recommended to have a backup drive. Is OneDrive enough?...
  7. Beta Channel and Dev channel doesn't found in windows Insider Program

Beta Channel and Dev channel doesn't found in windows Insider Program: I want to update windows 11 from Win10, i enabled TPM v2.0 from BIOS but i can't find any Dev Channel or Beta channel in Windows Insider Program. Anyone have any solution regarding this issue?.2...
  8. Dev Channel on Real laptop Issues

Dev Channel on Real laptop Issues: Hey Guys will i face problems like lagging or something else while i update my win10 with a dev channel preview build.i want it so badly to see what are the new ui refreshes made by ms.......
  9. Windows 10 Dev Channel

Windows 10 Dev Channel: I had just changed from the Windows 10 Beta to Windows 10 Dev Channel. When my computer updated it said Non-System Strike Key Error. And now it always says it when it boots . Can somebody please help....
  10. Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel

Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel: Hello Windows 10X Was Released on Dev Channel Please to RTM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x-release-of-dev-channel/ca1a0d18-b4ea-47b8-815e-1df1a1729254