Windows 10: Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

Discus and support Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook!... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by anaron, Sep 3, 2016.

1. anaron Win User

Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations.
    Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook!
    None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred.
    Am I missing something?
    Ron

:)

anaron, Sep 3, 2016

2. Upgraded to Win10; Originally had update problems after upgrading WinXP to Win7 Pro.

Very good.

One assumes Security Updates for Office 2010 KB3085612 & KB3114403 were "drive-by" installed when you installed Office 2010 SP2 on 05 December 2015.

Good luck with Win10! I wouldn't have had the cojones to upgrade a WinXP computer to Win7 - and then to Win10.

[You'll note that a forum moderator has moved your thread to a Win10-specific forum and given it a more accurate subject.]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

1. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10 - Similar Threads - Moving Outlook 2010

2. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  3. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  4. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC: A friend of mine bought a new windows10 PC to replace the 8-year-old windows7 HP old Junker he had to keep up with the times. I am in charge of the task in backing up his old bomb and transferring his files and folders and 3 user accounts to the new Win10 PC. On his new PC it...
  6. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  7. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Windows 10 Support
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  8. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...
  9. Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders: I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with OS Windows 10. I have just bought a new PC and I want to migrate my Outlook data to the new PC. I exported the Outlook data file from the old PC and then imported the data file to the new PC. I now have contacts and calendar duly in good...
  10. I want to move from MBR Win7 to GPT Win10

I want to move from MBR Win7 to GPT Win10: I want to move from MBR Win7 to GPT Win10. With the USB, do I need to "boot with EFI" from inside BIOS? or can I boot normally but then configure as GPT install per above? Edit: Also, does the BIOS need to be changed or does it figure it out MBR vs GPT? (I have an older...