Windows 10: Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

Discus and support Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello All Trying to setup Laptop finally with MS outlook, and wanted to move the Outlook data files to my secondary storage drive, to limit writes on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by AMDMan2016, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

Hello All

Trying to setup Laptop finally with MS outlook, and wanted to move the Outlook data files to my secondary storage drive, to limit writes on SSD drive (128gb m.2 ssd in laptop) Is it worth the hassle of trying to get it setup properly?

did same thing months back on Desktop, but don't know if i will again after next clean install or not

:)

AMDMan2016, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Lis7 Win User

Outlook send/receive issue after moving pst files to Drive D

I need some advice, as this issue is driving me pretty crazy and the solutions I've found online so far don't seem to work or have negative downstream consequences.
    Win 10 (oem), v.1903
    Office 2019 Home and Business (oem)
    Internal Drive C: program files (but the oem install has the Documents folder on Drive C too for some reason)
    Internal Drive D: data files
    Background

1. After activating Outlook 2019, Windows automatically placed each pst file in C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] Instead, I would like to store each Outlook pst file (have multiple email addresses/pst files) in a Documents folder (or some other folder) on Drive D.
    2. To move the original Documents folder from drive C to Drive D I closed Outlook, right-clicked the original Documents folder and used the Properties/Location tab to move it to a new Documents folder I had previously created on drive D. That step seemed to work correctly, and each pst file was now in the new Documents folder on Drive D.
    3. After the folder move, I launched Outlook and used the resulting "Outlook can't find" popup to specify a new file path for each pst file. However, while I can see each new file path in Outlook's Account Settings, it throws send and receive error messages (e.g.: "Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed") and won't send or receive for each account. This continues to happen after closing and reopening Outlook.
    4. I moved the Documents folder back to where it was on drive C. I tried this several times, using the Outlook error popup to try to remap each email account to the new Documents path on Drive D.
    Bottom line is that this Outlook send/receive issue is also preventing me from moving my Documents folder to the D drive where I want it, because when I move it, it messes up Outlook.
    Question

• After I move each pst file and specify the new file paths in the Outlook popup, how do I get Outlook to send/receive for those email accounts?
    Thank you in advance.

3. Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary

HI All

Is there a way to Move Outlook Data files from C:\ Drive to Storage drive, so far keeps going to D drive, tried a fix on a site I found, but no luck, any other ideas or get it to move lol. Version i'm using is office 365

AMDMan2016, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

Moving data files to second hard drive

I would appreciate details of how to move all data files to a secondary hard drive.

Jorge Dominicis, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

1. Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive - Similar Threads - Moving Outlook Data

2. Move windows to Secondary drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move windows to Secondary drive: Hi All,I have a custom-built gaming PC. Originally, I had installed a SATA SSD, which was good. However, I was running low on storage. So I bought a new NVME M.2 SSD and added it to my build. I have heard that it's better to have windows in M.2 rather than SATA since M.2 is...
  3. Move windows to Secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move windows to Secondary drive: Hi All,I have a custom-built gaming PC. Originally, I had installed a SATA SSD, which was good. However, I was running low on storage. So I bought a new NVME M.2 SSD and added it to my build. I have heard that it's better to have windows in M.2 rather than SATA since M.2 is...
  4. Move windows to Secondary drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  6. Moving outlook from secondary monitor to the primary left a "black shadow" on the secondary...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving outlook from secondary monitor to the primary left a "black shadow" on the secondary...: Never seen this before but there was a recent NVidia driver update that came in at same time with feature 1909 I moved the outlook display back to the secondary monitor but it wont "stick' to its shadow. I cannot close outlook. Anything I bring up on the second monitor is...
  7. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  8. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64
  9. Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!: I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username\Documents which is as it should be BUT which of the duplicated folders as...
  10. Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary: HI All Is there a way to Move Outlook Data files from C:\ Drive to Storage drive, so far keeps going to D drive, tried a fix on a site I found, but no luck, any other ideas or get it to move lol. Version i'm using is office 365 109671