Windows 10: Moving over 1000 files from one folder(over5000 files init) to another

Discus and support Moving over 1000 files from one folder(over5000 files init) to another in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for some file management software that lets me move TON of files from one folder to another with out me selecting each of the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by artner0112, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Moving over 1000 files from one folder(over5000 files init) to another

Hello,
    I am looking for some file management software that lets me move TON of files from one folder to another with out me selecting each of the files I want to move.
    I have a folder with thousands of files in it and I know the file names for each file I want to move.
    But electing each of the files using CTRL is just daunting.
    I am looking for something like this:

Original Folder ------Action------ Destination Folder
    D:/Old folder/f152112.txt ------Move to------ D:/New folder
    D:/Old folder/textfile01.doc ------Move to------ D:/New folder
    D:/Old folder/Image15-151.jpg ------Move to------ D:/New folder
    D:/Old folder/Image15-152.jpg -------Move to------ D:/New folder
    D:/Old folder/Image15-153.jpg ------Move to------ D:/New folder
    D:/Old folder/Mounting Instruction.pdf ------Move to------ D:/New folder
    D:/Old folder/Book1.xlsx ------Move to------ D:/New folder

Is there a software or any other way to move a specific files to another folder in a batch?
    I know there is a windows script for this but by the looks of it its just for a single file or the entire files in a folder.
    An extra feature I would like to have:
    1) able to move files to different destination folders for each file
    2) Able to move entire folders with files inside.
    3) Other Actions such as copy and Delete
    Any help or suggestions would be great.

:)

artner0112, Jan 13, 2021
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jan 13, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 13, 2021
  4. GSquadron Win User

Moving over 1000 files from one folder(over5000 files init) to another

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Moving over 1000 files from one folder(over5000 files init) to another

1. Moving over 1000 files from one folder(over5000 files init) to another - Similar Threads - Moving 1000 files

2. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving Files from one device to another.

Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  6. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  7. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  9. Problems with moving files from one folder to another

Problems with moving files from one folder to another: Hi! I can't seem to transfer files from one folder to another. It always shows acces denied. It has been doing it for a while and I can't seem to make it right. Also, if you knew how I can change the language on my computer? (from french to english) Nothing seems to be...
  10. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...