Windows 10: Moving over from ltsc

Discus and support Moving over from ltsc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi folks I moved over to windows from Linux a while back and was using ltsc, as it felt much less bloated compared to traditional Windows. I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UnknownWon, May 29, 2020.

1. Moving over from ltsc

Hi folks

I moved over to windows from Linux a while back and was using ltsc, as it felt much less bloated compared to traditional Windows. I've been dual booting since, as necessary.

I am ready to make the plunge and ditch the second boot, in hopes of using wsl and the new terminal.

Is the only way to clean the os up after installing manually uninstalling and removing the unnecessary nonsense? Ideally I'd like to end up with something similar to ltsc, with as little clutter on my system possible.

Much appreciated!

submitted by /u/UnknownWon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UnknownWon, May 29, 2020

2. Windows LTSC update page showing update for 1903, but does not download

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the situation you are in, where Windows LTSC PC showing update for 1903.
    As you are already aware that LTSC will be till 1809. But, as per
    Windows Server servicing channels: LTSC and SAC
    article, 1903 is released through Semi-Annual Channel.

However, if you have any further query on how to download and install it. We would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows LTSC to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2020
  3. LTSB > LTSC

Hi there Boban, heres a short explanation from Microsoft:

Windows 10 LTSC/LTSB: Due to naming changes, product versions that display Windows 10 LTSB will be replaced with Windows 10 LTSC in subsequent feature updates. The term LTSC is used here to refer to all long term servicing versions.

It looks like itll automatically upgrade for you over the course of updates.

SonGoku'sSon, May 29, 2020
  4. Moving over from ltsc

Upgrading from Windows 10 LTSC 1809 to another version

I get that LTSB and LTSC's whole thing is that "stability" side of things. But since 1809 is incredibly buggy and royally sucks, I want to know if there is a way to move LTSC to a different version.

Trying to deploy LTSC 2019 (1809) on my campus but the stupid default programs bug is straight up bricking explorer, effectively turning the computer into a potato. Need a different version.

***Original title:Is there a way to upgrade Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (which is version 1809) to a different version?***

DavidTipps, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Moving over from ltsc

1. Moving over from ltsc - Similar Threads - Moving ltsc

2. How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved: It seems Windows uses the SSID of my Wifi as part of the location service. I have now moved and taken my wifi with me. I.e. my wifi still has the same SSID, but it is physically located at my new address. Windows still thinks, I'm at the old address. This is evident from the...
  3. How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved: It seems Windows uses the SSID of my Wifi as part of the location service. I have now moved and taken my wifi with me. I.e. my wifi still has the same SSID, but it is physically located at my new address. Windows still thinks, I'm at the old address. This is evident from the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  5. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  6. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move app to USB?: Hello, I noticed that the way to move an app to a usb is slightly different on Windows 10. I need to try and move an app because the older computer is not doing so hot on the internet. I mostly used the same steps:Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage Settings...
  8. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move app to USB?: Hello, I noticed that the way to move an app to a usb is slightly different on Windows 10. I need to try and move an app because the older computer is not doing so hot on the internet. I mostly used the same steps:Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage Settings...
  9. How to move app to USB?

10. Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?

Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/?: Hi, how do i move the linux folder into my D:/? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-move-the-linux-folder-into-my-d/2ea0d784-aa0d-4b90-9469-d50dca0012f2