Windows 10: Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?

Discus and support Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm about to get into shuffle-the-PC's in a big way and I was wondering what the most painless method of migrating everything (settings for Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pincushiondude, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?

I'm about to get into shuffle-the-PC's in a big way and I was wondering what the most painless method of migrating everything (settings for Windows, settings for Windows apps like Mail, applications, etc) between dissimilar PC's.

I'm already moving things I can outright (i.e. direct P2V conversions) but I also want to transfer the complete setup on a workstation to another - in terms of moving-from PC's it's a range from 1809 to 1909.

I was looking at Laplink PCMover which seems to be my only complete option, but is that the case?

submitted by /u/pincushiondude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pincushiondude, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Feb 15, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 15, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?

Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members

Excellent! *Thumbs

simrick, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?

1. Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice? - Similar Threads - Moving installs PCMover

2. Too many choices - Copy to and Move to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many choices - Copy to and Move to: Just got my Acer laptop back from the shop. The 'move to' and 'copy to' menus have decided to add and keep every item ever used. Anyone have a fix. ie. I need to deleted unwanted sticky items in the "Move to" and "Copy to" drop down menus. This is a tough one to google,...
  3. Laplink PCmover - Aftermath

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laplink PCmover - Aftermath: I recently purchased a Dell desktop XPS. Upon receipt everything was fine as far staring the new computer, etc. So I decided to use the laplink PCmover Pro program that was offered by Dell. I initiated the process, doing all the preliminary things that PCmover suggested,...
  4. what is the best choice for threat action

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is the best choice for threat action: Hello : what is the best action i should take when threat found, it is: 1- remove 2- quarantine 3 allow on device thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-choice-for-threat-action/088f16ea-41ca-4427-93d0-ab705db6e1ae
  5. Best way to clean my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to clean my PC: Hey, So in 2017 i got my gaming pc It has an i5-7600k 1070 ti 16gb ram and more, so its a good pc. When i got it, it ran beautifully.. I could boot in 7 seconds.... But over time, especially now. Its really slow, it has troubles loading chrome etc I know it's not my...
  6. User setup using PCMover to transfer data to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User setup using PCMover to transfer data to new PC: I have noticed the following after I have transferred data/programs using PCMover: On my old machine I had 1 user (B) containing ALL, SYSTEM, Administrators (X), Users (X\Users).(Plus standard Default and Public. (Disks C, D/E, F/G on 1 SSD/HDD combi and 2 HDD's) After I...
  7. Best choice for virtualization?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best choice for virtualization?: Former Linux user lured by Windows 10. Love it completely. Need Linux for a few things so I need to virtualize. Have Windows 10 Home (Upgraded from Windows 8.1 retail) so I don't have Hyper-V. Virtualbox isn't working quite right for me and I don't know if VMWare is worth the...
  8. Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?: This article talks about forced video driver updates causing significant problems. Windows 10 Automatic Updates Start Causing Problems - Forbes On my wife's Win 7 dual monitor setup an "optional" update caused problems with the setup of one monitor. Reverting to the...
  9. Installing programs automatically in drive of my choice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs automatically in drive of my choice: I' have a SDD in which Win10 is installed, alone (C: drive). In another (D: drive) are programs. I would like to know how to perform it automaticly, I mean always installation in D: See anex, please 56461
  10. Force App to Install In Folder of My Choice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force App to Install In Folder of My Choice?: So I finally got Windows10 up and running. And activated even! Despite having been an insider it was looking like I was going to have to buy a license, but at the last minute it Automagically Activated itself. For whatever reason, but I somehow got "stuck" on build 10130. I...