Windows 10: moving photos in a folder

Discus and support moving photos in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 66pontiac, Feb 5, 2019.

1. 66pontiac Win User

moving photos in a folder

how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista....

:)

66pontiac, Feb 5, 2019

2. can't move photos into folders?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Are you trying to create folder in photo app?
    • Did you logged in as administrator user?

If you are referring to photo app as of now there is no option of Folder view in Photo app, but you can store the folders in the Albums. Album stores the photos in the form of folders. The images which are uploaded
    in the form of folders can be viewed in the albums in the photo app.

I would suggest you to follow the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/copy-move-files

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Moving to Folders

Hello Krishnan,

Let's work on this. You can follow the steps provided below to help move photos and videos on a new folder:

• Swipe left and select File Explorer app.
    • Choose the folder where the photos and videos are saved.
    • Select the items you want to move.
    • Press the Move button.
    • You can create a New folder by pressing the Ellipsis (. . .) button or you can press the
      Up button located at the right side corner of the screen to move the items to an existing folder.
    • Tap Check or Done button when finished.

We're here if you need further assistance.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. moving photos in a folder - Similar Threads - moving photos folder

2. Renaming and moving folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  3. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  4. How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

How to move thousands photos to Photo app?: I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will take too long to move them one by one. Is there any chance to do it fast?...
  5. moving photo to cloud

moving photo to cloud: how do I move from pictures on pc to cloud and then free up space on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-to-cloud/b48cc9c6-e38f-4184-9a50-73482afcbee4"
  6. Moving Pics to Folders

Moving Pics to Folders: I have a boatload of pics on my main photos page, all in chronological order based on when I took them or saved them to the computer. I want to get them into folders for different categories. I have created the folders and am able to drag and drop the pics into each folder...
  7. failed folder move

failed folder move: I attempted to move a folder with sub folders from C drive to a USB drive on windows 10. Main folder did not move, first 2 folders moved with files but folders after only moved folder but no files? They say empty folder, on C drive one folder remains inside attempted folder...
  8. Moving Games Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Games Folder: I have a games folder on my C drive, with loads of games in, I want to move it to another drive, how do I move it so that all the links/icons are still active? 85121
  9. Moving Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Appdata folder: I am looking to move the Appdata folder within my user file. I have tried previously to move it(changing the location of the files inside it)and it caused system hangs and a loss of the start menu. Ive also tried to do the old method of running though audit mode and that...
  10. Photos Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos Folder: Have a big problem in finding photos I want to upload to site. Now using Windows Photos and also Google photos. Just need photos when loaded from CD card to wind up in single photos, so I easily can find in one folder in Library. Thanks ahead of time. 77985