Windows 10: moving photos in a folder

Discus and support moving photos in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 66pontiac, Feb 5, 2019.

1. 66pontiac Win User

moving photos in a folder

how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista....

:)

66pontiac, Feb 5, 2019

2. can't move photos into folders?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Are you trying to create folder in photo app?
    • Did you logged in as administrator user?

If you are referring to photo app as of now there is no option of Folder view in Photo app, but you can store the folders in the Albums. Album stores the photos in the form of folders. The images which are uploaded
    in the form of folders can be viewed in the albums in the photo app.

I would suggest you to follow the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/copy-move-files

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Moving to Folders

Hello Krishnan,

Let's work on this. You can follow the steps provided below to help move photos and videos on a new folder:

• Swipe left and select File Explorer app.
    • Choose the folder where the photos and videos are saved.
    • Select the items you want to move.
    • Press the Move button.
    • You can create a New folder by pressing the Ellipsis (. . .) button or you can press the
      Up button located at the right side corner of the screen to move the items to an existing folder.
    • Tap Check or Done button when finished.

We're here if you need further assistance.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. moving photos in a folder - Similar Threads - moving photos folder

2. How do I move photos to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move photos to a folder?: I don't like Windows 11. They took away features I really liked, or hidden them. I can't move any photos to a selected folder. The move to feature is gone. I don't want to move to One Drive. I want my photos where I can get to them.I uploaded photos to my pictures and now I...
  3. How do I move photos to a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move photos to a folder?: I don't like Windows 11. They took away features I really liked, or hidden them. I can't move any photos to a selected folder. The move to feature is gone. I don't want to move to One Drive. I want my photos where I can get to them.I uploaded photos to my pictures and now I...
  4. Moving favorite marked photos to another folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving favorite marked photos to another folder: Hi Experts,Appreciate your assistance / guidance on How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File ExplorerThanks and RegardsZulfikkar Valiyakath...
  5. Move a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move a photo: How do I move a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-a-photo/d9a51bc8-b0d9-45f4-9bb9-e2c9df9f9a7e
  6. moving files to different folders in photos

moving files to different folders in photos: When organizing photo files, windows denies ability to move or rename, says file is not available, does not exist. the file is still there, but does not display. I have to reboot. The computer stalls on reboot and close. I have to hold the start button down & computer closes....
  7. Photo Move

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo Move: Is there any software (free or paid) like photo move that have the exact functionality. I want to purchase photomove software so that I can use its full features, but problem is they only have paypal for buying and paypal is not available in my country. i desperately needed...
  8. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  9. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  10. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"