Windows 10: Moving Pics to Folders

Discus and support Moving Pics to Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a boatload of pics on my main photos page, all in chronological order based on when I took them or saved them to the computer. I want to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by '61 Moose, Dec 29, 2018.

1. '61 Moose Win User

Moving Pics to Folders

I have a boatload of pics on my main photos page, all in chronological order based on when I took them or saved them to the computer. I want to get them into folders for different categories. I have created the folders and am able to drag and drop the pics into each folder (when I am moving them it says "move to ____, not copy). Now the problem... when I open my photos they are still on the main page just like they were before! If I delete one off the main page it also deletes it out of the folder. How do I get rid of the ones off the main page that I have moved to a folder without deleting the pic completely?

:)

'61 Moose, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

3. move pics from downloads to pictures

Hello,

Windows offers a few other ways to copy or move files. To help you out with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to move files from the Downloads folder to your Pictures folder:

• Right-click a file/files and click Cut.
    • Navigate to your Pictures folder.
    • Right-click your destination folder and choose Paste.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Moving Pics to Folders

how to move pics from emails to folder in my pics

i am trying to answer my question as they have come back to say that they dont know how. I have chrome and it does most of this for you. Click on the pic in the email and download it. It will ask what you want to do. Check on save as.... It should
    now go down to the lower left corner. When you click this , one of the options is 'to see in folder'. See chrome saves it in your file manager. From there you just highlight the title of the pic - which can be a jpg #- and highlight my pics or pictures
    and it will go there. Then you can move it into a new folder or to another folder. Hope this helps. sue

susanjeffrey, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Moving Pics to Folders

1. Moving Pics to Folders - Similar Threads - Moving Pics Folders

2. Uploaded pics not saving to date folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploaded pics not saving to date folder: So up until yesterday and for no reason, my pictures uploaded from my SD cards are saving 'individually' under a dsc number .before that they would automatically all go into a folder that was already given that days date. the only thing that changed was I had to upload some...
  3. renaming pic files in folder.

renaming pic files in folder.: Various numbers and letters. This was easy with a simple right click on each pic and insert saved name+ 0 2,3,4,5,6. Now the operation is predicting and inserting and duplicating??? Thus needing more and more reworking - Why?...
  4. pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders: hi folks , need help ,just bought W10 desktop a remanufacted one and downloaded my W7 files. the problem started right away all the files with pics. turned into icons , so reset everything that I could find from going into command prompt to regit from all the info I found...
  5. Unable to delete folders, see pic

Unable to delete folders, see pic: I’m using Windows 10 with 1903. I’m unable to delete some folders aka directories. See the pic below. I tried various command line commands but they didn’t work. Like ‘’ C:path>rmdir /q /s foldername ‘’ didn’t work. How can I delete these two directories? The folder does not...
  6. Unable to delete folder, see pic

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder, see pic: I’m using Windows 10 with 1903. I’m unable to delete some folders aka directories. See the pic below. I tried various command line commands but they didn’t work. Like ‘’ Code: C:path>rmdir /q /s foldername ‘’ didn’t work. How can I delete these two directories? The folders...
  7. Pics in Folders wont show anymore?

Pics in Folders wont show anymore?: Heya, in a recentish update to windows all my pictures in my folder won't show thumbnails anymore. Before it would have a small thumbnail of the pic but now it just has a default icon. Any way to revert this specific change?[ATTACH] Here is a sample pic for anyone...
  8. Moving pic from MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving pic from MS Photos: Photo Gallery was easy to work with. Photos is the most screwed up affair they could come up with. How the heck do you email a photo, or save it to the desktop in Win 10? I tried "share", which I've never used before, and it wanted me to add accounts to some app. I detest...
  9. Moving Pics from the Camera Roll

Moving Pics from the Camera Roll: I want to move my pictures to a separate folder and get them off my camera roll. I created a folder and was able to move the pics to that folder but they also stay on my camera roll. If I delete them from the camera roll it also deletes them from the folder. How am I able...
  10. Recover Lost Folders, files and pics

Recover Lost Folders, files and pics: I lost all my files and folders and pics when I had to reset my pc to factory condition how do I get them all back without back ups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-lost-folders-files-and-pics/8f089811-f6e9-497a-b723-dd9b7b404333"