Windows 10: Moving Pics to Folders

Discus and support Moving Pics to Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a boatload of pics on my main photos page, all in chronological order based on when I took them or saved them to the computer. I want to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by '61 Moose, Dec 29, 2018.

1. '61 Moose Win User

Moving Pics to Folders

I have a boatload of pics on my main photos page, all in chronological order based on when I took them or saved them to the computer. I want to get them into folders for different categories. I have created the folders and am able to drag and drop the pics into each folder (when I am moving them it says "move to ____, not copy). Now the problem... when I open my photos they are still on the main page just like they were before! If I delete one off the main page it also deletes it out of the folder. How do I get rid of the ones off the main page that I have moved to a folder without deleting the pic completely?

:)

'61 Moose, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

3. move pics from downloads to pictures

Hello,

Windows offers a few other ways to copy or move files. To help you out with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to move files from the Downloads folder to your Pictures folder:

• Right-click a file/files and click Cut.
    • Navigate to your Pictures folder.
    • Right-click your destination folder and choose Paste.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Moving Pics to Folders

how to move pics from emails to folder in my pics

i am trying to answer my question as they have come back to say that they dont know how. I have chrome and it does most of this for you. Click on the pic in the email and download it. It will ask what you want to do. Check on save as.... It should
    now go down to the lower left corner. When you click this , one of the options is 'to see in folder'. See chrome saves it in your file manager. From there you just highlight the title of the pic - which can be a jpg #- and highlight my pics or pictures
    and it will go there. Then you can move it into a new folder or to another folder. Hope this helps. sue

susanjeffrey, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Moving Pics to Folders

1. Moving Pics to Folders - Similar Threads - Moving Pics Folders

2. Renaming and moving folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  3. Moving User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving User Folders: I've been playing with the tutorial to move user profiles during install (option 1), and that method only seems to work with a "users" folder. Or am I doing something with in my relocate.xml file? I would like to have my profiles drive; D:\Alowicious D:\Cinderella...
  4. moving photos in a folder

moving photos in a folder: how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photos-in-a-folder/d3fbc004-3dd2-4bba-8ac2-4b185f8de5f6"
  5. failed folder move

failed folder move: I attempted to move a folder with sub folders from C drive to a USB drive on windows 10. Main folder did not move, first 2 folders moved with files but folders after only moved folder but no files? They say empty folder, on C drive one folder remains inside attempted folder...
  6. Moving Games Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Games Folder: I have a games folder on my C drive, with loads of games in, I want to move it to another drive, how do I move it so that all the links/icons are still active? 85121
  7. Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc: You might want to check out this tutorial also Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
  8. Moving File History Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moving File History Folder: I have my File History on a physical internal hard drive that is now almost completely full. I wanted to know if I could move the entire fie history to a newer and much larger drive? I understand I can create a new File History drive but I'm assuming in doing this I will...
  9. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...
  10. Moving Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Appdata folder: I am looking to move the Appdata folder within my user file. I have tried previously to move it(changing the location of the files inside it)and it caused system hangs and a loss of the start menu. Ive also tried to do the old method of running though audit mode and that...