Windows 10: Moving pictures from one folder to another

Discus and support Moving pictures from one folder to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SallyWilkinson, May 29, 2019.

1. Moving pictures from one folder to another

How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop

:)

SallyWilkinson, May 29, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, May 29, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Moving pictures from one folder to another

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Moving pictures from one folder to another

1. Moving pictures from one folder to another - Similar Threads - Moving pictures folder

2. I can't move pictures to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't move pictures to another folder: I was trying to move some pictures to another folder, but there's no option to moveanymore. Why did Windows 11 drop the option to move files to another folder?Why do they keep doing this? I have some pictures in the wrong folder, and there's no optionto move them anymore. The...
  3. I can't move pictures to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't move pictures to another folder: I was trying to move some pictures to another folder, but there's no option to moveanymore. Why did Windows 11 drop the option to move files to another folder?Why do they keep doing this? I have some pictures in the wrong folder, and there's no optionto move them anymore. The...
  4. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Documents folder from one drive to another: Hi,My Documents folder in located on D Drive right now but I would like to move it back onto C drive hard drive. What's the safest way to do it without losing files?...
  5. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  6. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  7. Problems with moving files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with moving files from one folder to another: Hi! I can't seem to transfer files from one folder to another. It always shows acces denied. It has been doing it for a while and I can't seem to make it right. Also, if you knew how I can change the language on my computer? (from french to english) Nothing seems to be...
  8. Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?: Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account? 101239
  9. Are 'pictures' and 'Photos' separate from one another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are 'pictures' and 'Photos' separate from one another?: Good evening all, I'm just getting the hang of this new pc running Windows 10. I recently tried to download some photos from my iPhone onto my PC and wanted to store them in the Microsoft Photo App (which was already preinstalled on the pc when I bought it). Each time I...
  10. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...