Windows 10: Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Discus and support Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffreySegal, May 21, 2020.

1. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?

:)

JeffreySegal, May 21, 2020

2. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, May 21, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

adding picture folders to the Photo app

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to add albums to your Photos application. However, the option to select multiple folders and turn them into albums within the Photos application is currently unavailable.

However you can select individual folders and add them to an album. I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned below and see if it is helpful for you, before proceeding with the steps make sure to move all the folders containing your personal
    photos to Pictures folder:

1. Open
    Photos application.

2. Click on the ‘Folders’ tab.

3. Select ‘Add a folder’ option.(Select and add the Pictures folder)

4. Now click on the ‘Pictures’ folder. ( All the folder that you have added will be visible)

5. Now click on the any folders that you have added and select ‘New album’ option, set a name to the album and click on ‘Done’. (You will have to
    open each folder that you have added in the ‘Pictures’ folder and create a
    New album)

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

1. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder - Similar Threads - Moving pictures pictures

2. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  3. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  4. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  5. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  6. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  7. Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder

Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder: The first problem is, w hen I try to open a file in This PC > Pictures, I get this error message [ATTACH] The error does not occur if I go to Owner > Pictures instead of This PC > Pictures, or if I am already in This PC > Pictures and I click on the folder again, then open...
  8. Moving pictures from one folder to another

Moving pictures from one folder to another: How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-from-one-folder-to-another/2ea83dc2-e384-4573-90fa-cc81f140d97a"
  9. adding picture folders to the Photo app

adding picture folders to the Photo app: I have a few thousand pictures on my laptop that are in 75 folders under the Pictures folder. I want to copy/move all to the Photos app. and have the individual folders become albums in Photos. How can I accomplish this without loading 75 different folders?...
  10. Cannot move "Pictures" Folder

Cannot move "Pictures" Folder: Let me first apologize for this long thread. I wanted to be accurate with the issue at hand. I have recently installed a new hard drive, with the intent of moving the "Pictures" folder to it, and using it primarily for this purpose given that my current disk is nearly full...