Windows 10: Moving Pictures to the D drive and syncing with Onedrive?

Discus and support Moving Pictures to the D drive and syncing with Onedrive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, I have Documents, Pictures, etc sync with OneDrive and it has always worked just fine. I got a new laptop that has a 2nd hard drive in it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelemvor, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Kelemvor Win User

Moving Pictures to the D drive and syncing with Onedrive?

Howdy,

I have Documents, Pictures, etc sync with OneDrive and it has always worked just fine. I got a new laptop that has a 2nd hard drive in it and I want to move all my pictures over there since they almost fill up the primary drive on their own. I already had OneDrive syncing the folders in their standard locations and was getting an error when I tried to move Pictures to go to D:\Pictures.

I found an article from Microsoft that if it's been moved once (into the Onedrive normal location) it will give an error if you try to move it again and that I should reset where the folder points via the registry. I did that and it worked fine and I was able to "move" the Pictures location to D:\Pictures.

However, this seems to have broken the link between Pictures and the OneDrive Pictures that I already have. I turned on the built in Backup setting for Pictures but it only saw the empty local folder and didn't bring down the thousands of pictures I already have in OneDrive. Is there some way to manually tell OneDrive to link its Pictures folder with my Windows 'Pictures' folder/library now that it's been moved to D:\Pictures folder to get sync working again?

Hopefully that makes sense...
    Thanks.

:)

Kelemvor, Sep 24, 2019
  2. GordoBarr Win User

Sync D Drive with OneDrive

I am using OneDrive to sync my files on my C drive and all is working fine. But I can not find a way to have my D drive connect to OneDrive. I would like my D drive to sync with OneDrive. Does anyone know how to get a D Drive to sync with OneDrive?

GordoBarr, Sep 24, 2019
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Sep 24, 2019
  4. aIex Win User

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

1. copy Documents folder somewhere else
    2. unlink my OneDrive account
    3. log in again
    4. select different OneDrive folder
    5. don't sync anythin (untick all)
    6. restore default location
    7. copy previously copied Documents to default location (it was empty for me, when I did it)
    8. unlink OneDrive
    9. log in and select previous location
    10. (optional) go to OneDrive settings, 2nd tab (automatic saving or something), select that you want your documents to be saved on OneDrive instead of your computer.

Thema:

1. Moving Pictures to the D drive and syncing with Onedrive? - Similar Threads - Moving Pictures drive

2. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive: I noticed that the "Camera Roll" folder in the "Pictures" folder is filled with photos all sorted by year and month. They appear that they be my cell phone pictures. I also noticed in OneDrive on the left-hand side above the recycling bin, there is a photo section. There are...
  3. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive: I noticed that the "Camera Roll" folder in the "Pictures" folder is filled with photos all sorted by year and month. They appear that they be my cell phone pictures. I also noticed in OneDrive on the left-hand side above the recycling bin, there is a photo section. There are...
  4. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to move OneDrive to D Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OneDrive to D Drive?: Hi, I have Windows 10. I moved downloads and pictures to D by clicking right and going to location. There is no such option on the OneDrive folder. What is the method to move it on the D drive which is much larger and would like it there. Thank you. 181983
  6. Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive

Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive: I fear I have bought the wrong product for my needs but I recently purchased "OneDrive for business Plan 1" so I can back up and sync files on my workplace PC and home laptop.However, all I am given the options to back up are "documents", "desktop" and "pictures" - which is...
  7. Syncing pictures to OneDrive

Syncing pictures to OneDrive: I want to copy my photos from my old laptop to my Lenovo. I haven't space to have them copied to Onedrive. How do I stop it syncing them? Just the Pictures, OK with the documents....
  8. Pictures disappeared during 'move' from C to D drive

Pictures disappeared during 'move' from C to D drive: Hi, My C drive was almost full so I attempted to move pictures by dragging the Photo folder 39GB size of pictures maybe more than 6 thousand pictures and so I dragged the C:\pictures\photo to the D:\picturefoldername and in the process it moved only 11 pictures and the rest...
  9. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  10. Syncing OneDrive Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing OneDrive Pictures: I’d like to stop OneDrive pictures syncing with my computer. How can I do this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-onedrive-pictures/b6216953-ffac-4c91-954e-8f6d8dfe0cf8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I move the location of libraries when I have onedrive turned on?

2. pictures folder is on d but one drive syncing a copy to c