Windows 10: moving pictures within a file

Discus and support moving pictures within a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There must be an easy way to move pictures within a file?? Help * Moved from education... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasGibadlo, Oct 6, 2019.

1. moving pictures within a file

There must be an easy way to move pictures within a file?? Help

* Moved from education

:)

ThomasGibadlo, Oct 6, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 6, 2019
  3. move pics from downloads to pictures

Hello,

Windows offers a few other ways to copy or move files. To help you out with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to move files from the Downloads folder to your Pictures folder:

• Right-click a file/files and click Cut.
    • Navigate to your Pictures folder.
    • Right-click your destination folder and choose Paste.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 6, 2019
  4. moving pictures within a file

I am wanting to know how to move pictures from the Windows photo file to my computer photo file.

Hi Trisha,

• When you say, "Windows photo file" are you referring to Windows photo app?
    • When you say, "computer photo file" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to move?
    I suggest you to copy and paste the pictures and check if this helps.

• Open the picture which you want to move, right click on it and select copy.
    • Go to the location where you want to move, right click and paste it.
    Write us back with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

moving pictures within a file

1. moving pictures within a file - Similar Threads - moving pictures within

2. How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?: Within a file folder of pictures, how can I make the last picture, which is an added index, the first picture without changing the other picture order?...
  3. How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move one picture position in a file of pictures?: Within a file folder of pictures, how can I make the last picture, which is an added index, the first picture without changing the other picture order?...
  4. Can't move files into game files within the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move files into game files within the WindowsApps folder: I've been trying to install mods into Slime Rancher but the file that I need to move into the game folder to do so is being denied stating that I need administrator permission to do so yet I am the administrator. Then when I press Continue, this happens....
  5. Moving pictures

Moving pictures: I want to move pictures from the photos app to pictures. Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures/8c5f91cd-469e-4b36-81ea-bbadf53727cf
  6. drag and drop picture files within folders

drag and drop picture files within folders: where are controls for drag and drop picture files within folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-picture-files-within-folders/ae3e96bf-a754-44b5-99d2-67f62c9fbcfa
  7. SEE ALL PHOTOS within a picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    SEE ALL PHOTOS within a picture: Hi, whenever I send a picture from my Picture folder as an Outlook attachment there is a SEE ALL PHOTOS feature at the top left of the picture allowing recipient of the email to actually browse through my PICTURE folder. Is there any way to remove that feature. I tried...
  8. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer: How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the pictures...
  9. Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures

Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures: A friend sent me a picture which I want to insert into a folder of My Pictures. How can I insert it in the right order or move it where I want it within the folder?...
  10. Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?: Hi, I've newly installed W10 Pro and am constantly being pestered with permission nags (see attached) while attempting to reorganise files within the Local Disk. I've tried changing the User permissions via "Properties>Security" but encounter nothing but a load of...