Windows 10: moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

Discus and support moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by c_Walt#07, Apr 17, 2020.

1. c_Walt#07 Win User

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the pictures

:)

c_Walt#07, Apr 17, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, Apr 17, 2020
  4. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

1. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer - Similar Threads - moving pictures within

2. How to move Lightroom Classic folders within Pictures to a local only folder not in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Lightroom Classic folders within Pictures to a local only folder not in one drive: I would like to move either subfolders Lightroom Catalog in Pictures or the whole Pictures folder to a local only folder in C: directory. When I try to do this, I get an error message. If I try the same process on the subfolders, I do not get the option of Location. How do I...
  3. Can't move files into game files within the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move files into game files within the WindowsApps folder: I've been trying to install mods into Slime Rancher but the file that I need to move into the game folder to do so is being denied stating that I need administrator permission to do so yet I am the administrator. Then when I press Continue, this happens....
  4. drag and drop picture files within folders

drag and drop picture files within folders: where are controls for drag and drop picture files within folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-picture-files-within-folders/ae3e96bf-a754-44b5-99d2-67f62c9fbcfa
  5. Files within Folder

Files within Folder: When transferring numbered files into a folder they were entered out of sequence. It there a way to move the files into sequence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-within-folder/7a31db01-f717-4311-b6da-5c631a22b3c6"
  6. Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures

Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures: A friend sent me a picture which I want to insert into a folder of My Pictures. How can I insert it in the right order or move it where I want it within the folder?...
  7. moving pictures within a file

moving pictures within a file: There must be an easy way to move pictures within a file?? Help * Moved from education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-within-a-file/56f6cfc3-eb25-4fef-ab9e-133459b78f26"
  8. Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer

Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer: I understand that older versions of windows allowed the user to move items to whatever order they wanted. I am trying to create playlists with my music and it's just impossible! I have to be satisfied with alphabetical or whatever and cannot simply move the items to the order...
  9. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  10. File Explorer Auto Renaming Organization Within Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Auto Renaming Organization Within Folders: Yea, the topic name sounds very in-depth and confusing haha, so let me elaborate. Sometimes I download wallpaper images, and Properly rename them so they don't have so much useless info in the filename. When I am renaming the files, sometimes I would rename a file that has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move pictures in files windows 10