Windows 10: moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10

Discus and support moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i move a Windows 10 profile which is on a 2 year old computer (has HomeGroup) to a brand new computer which has the latest Windows 10 (from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FergalM, Aug 21, 2018.

1. FergalM Win User

moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10

How do i move a Windows 10 profile which is on a 2 year old computer (has HomeGroup) to a brand new computer which has the latest Windows 10 (from which HomeGroup has been discontinued)?

:)

FergalM, Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 HomeGroup Broken

Hello,

We suggest running the homegroup troubleshooter. It automatically diagnose and repair common problems with viewing computer or shared files in homegroup. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, and type Troubleshooting, and press the
      Enter key.
    • At the Troubleshooting window, click View all
      at the left pane.
    • Select Homegroup from the list to start the troubleshooter.

Also, we recommend checking the steps that workarounds provided by Marilyn360
    on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 21, 2018
  3. 2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

Hello,
    My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10.

First, my system is as follows:
    there are 4 computers:
    3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem directly.
    1 laptop windows 10 Home edition, connected wirelessly.

The problem that I have is as follows:
    I have been using "Homegroup" for the past 3 years or so, and it always worked very well.
    But ever since the "Creator's update" released either in April or may 2017, the Homegroup feature is broken.

My main computer which was the one who started the "Homegroup" got updated first, and after that, no other computer sees the homegroup.

However, I need to explain the following:
    My main computer, who started the homegroup, still sees the "old homegroup" as active, AKA Ghost homegroup.
    I have tried to delete it by following the steps here
    Fix issues with the homegroup in Windows 10

Solution 1 – Delete files from PeerNetworking folder

• Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    • Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. If deleting idstore.sst doesn’t work, go back to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files and folders in it and go back to Step 3.
    • Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.
    • Repeat this for all the computers in your network.
    • Turn off your computers.
    • Turn on just one, and create a new Homegroup on it.
    • This Homegroup should be recognized on all of your computers now.

I have followed this step by step. But I cant get rid of the old "homegroup".
    This started to happen only after I upgraded to the "Creators update" and all computers are up to date.

How can I get rid once and for all from this ghost homegroup.

I have the followed the above mentioned steps, in each of the computers in the network. This ghost homegroup still appears and I can't join it, or leave it.

leinad23ec, Aug 21, 2018
  4. moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10

Password in Homegroup on Windows 10

Hi Clay,

Thank you for responding.

As your concern is to remove/ exit from the HomeGroup, I suggest you to try the below steps and check:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type HomeGroup
      and select it.
    • Click in the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.

For more information:
    HomeGroup from start to finish

Click on More options.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status for this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10

1. moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - moving profile HomeGroup

2. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?: Hello - There's a Windows 8 app I use a great deal on a laptop of mine, but it's no longer an app and not available in the Windows Store (the app still works great on the laptop, even though it's not in the Store). I got a new laptop and would like to use the app, but since...
  3. Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup in Windows 10: I have just changed my desktop to windows 10. I had two other laptops set up in a homegroup with my old windows 7 system and now I can't access these from my desktop and my printer will not work when I send from my laptops. Any ideas?...
  4. When will Version 1809 be discontinued?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will Version 1809 be discontinued?: I was just wondering when Version 1809 will be discontinued because I saw a few days ago that Version 1803 will be discontinued in November 2019. Thanks....
  5. Homegroup in 10 window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup in 10 window: I make to creation homegroup in 10 window , try do it and I dont understand how to do with the code for use another pc to access the homegroup , how do i fix to make first homegroup and the code of password for another pc use into homegroup ? where do i get how step to step...
  6. Homegroup and Windows 10

Homegroup and Windows 10: I have Homegroup network and one windows-10 computer. Question 1) Has Microsoft announced a standard method to connect Windows-10 to Homegroup network? Is Microsoft working this issue or ignoring it? Question 2) I am using Dropbox to connect Windows-10 to computers on...
  7. Windows 10 Homegroup

Windows 10 Homegroup: How do I get to my Homegroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-homegroup/13269ef9-240e-4410-b5d7-937285b38ef2
  8. Discontinued Windows 10 app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discontinued Windows 10 app: Hello, First of all, let me explain what happened. About a year ago I installed this amazing graph plotting app. And recently I had some problems logging with my Microsoft account on my notebook. So, I had to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately, the creator of the app...
  9. Windows 10 Homegroup ?

Windows 10 Homegroup ?: Have they removed this feature? My main computer is still Windows 7, and running the main homegroup. Just curious. 10139
  10. Moving HomeGroup Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving HomeGroup Icon: I just installed Office and a Homegroup icon appeared on my desktop. I want to move it to a different place on my desktop. Every time I try to move it, it moves right back. Is there a way to make it stick where you want it? I know how to remove it but it is a very nice icon....